Photo foul up

JJFN

Reaction score
Although I photograph my ukuleles horizontally, when I down load on Ukulele Marketplace the images come out vertical for some reason. How may I correct this.

Although I photograph my ukuleles horizontally, when I down load on Ukulele Marketplace the images come out vertical for some reason. How may I correct this.

You can make them vertical by downloading them and then rotating them. With the picture on your screen, press PrintScreen. Then put the picture into a photo editing program and rotate it. Irfanview is free and very good.

If you have an older version of MS Office, it has an excellent photo editor. I heard the newer versions don't have it. You can also edit on your phone...

You may not even need a Photo editor program, at least in Windows. In my old MS Windows 7, I just go into my Pictures Library, find the pic I want, then right click on it. A dropdown menu appears, and the options are there to rotate clockwise or counterclockwise. I just pick clockwise, and keep clicking that until it gets to the orientation I want.

I recently(yesterday) had this same issue. The photo was already rotated to proper orientation. No matter which way I set it, it always posted in landscape rather than portrait. I had to edit the resolution from 1280x960 to 960x1280 and all is well. This has never been an issue prior to posting on UU. Easily taken care of.

I've found that even if I rotate the original photo the forum software just simply doesn't acknowledge the correct rotation and always posts the photo in landscape. What I do now is I save the photo in another format (for example, jpeg instead of png (saves the forum a bit of storage as well)) and using that newly saved photo will have the rotation correct.

I've found that even if I rotate the original photo the forum software just simply doesn't acknowledge the correct rotation and always posts the photo in landscape. What I do now is I save the photo in another format (for example, jpeg instead of png (saves the forum a bit of storage as well)) and using that newly saved photo will have the rotation correct.

Jpeg has an orientation meta data on the photo; this allows rotations without losing image quality for jpeg (lossy). So, when you rotate the picture, your program has to change the orientation. Also, some display programs don't read that orientation setting (which would be a bug for the program).

Post #xx appears to fit the profile of the recent barrage of spam. "new" poster, one or two posts, replying to outdated thread, comment pretty-much off-topic.

Last edited:
Post #10 appears to fit the profile of the recent barrage of spam. "new" poster, one or two posts, replying to outdated thread, comment pretty-much off-topic.

I was really confused and thought you were referring to my post on the previous page but I think the spam message was already deleted.

That being said, I should've paid more attention to the age of this thread before I replied...

I was really confused and thought you were referring to my post on the previous page but I think the spam message was already deleted.

That being said, I should've paid more attention to the age of this thread before I replied...
Whoa… glad you figured that… I had no idea it would be removed. The Admins moved fast to fix. Obviously my intent was to alert. You’re a “goodl #10 :)

Whoa… glad you figured that… I had no idea it would be removed. The Admins moved fast to fix. Obviously my intent was to alert. You’re a “goodl #10 :)

Hehe, thanks and no worries :D

Top Bottom