Ouch

YogiTom

Reaction score
When I got home from a long day of gardening around beehives at work yesterday, I went to strum a little before dinner and was met with an intensely focused pain in the flesh of my index finger.

Lo and behold, I discovered I had a ~.5cm milk thistle spine imbedded in my finger. The angle shown in the photo is the exact angle it had entered my finger, so its whole length went straight into the fleshy pad.

54FADFC7-E171-444B-921A-02668E5EC2A5.jpg

It came out with some work, but was totally unnoticed by me until that first strum!

Finger feels almost back to normal, but wowee, what an unpleasant surprise that was. I’m sure this is not the worst thing to have happened to someone here, but thought you all would relate best. :shaka:

Last edited:
Ouch! Just seeing that made my finger hurt. LOL.
Hope that it heals well.

Ouch! Just seeing that made my finger hurt. LOL.
Hope that it heals well.

I debated throwing up a trigger warning...:p

And thanks. Just a dull pain now, and an invisible wound. The thing was thinner than most splinters I’ve gotten.

Zowie, owiee!

I didn't know milk thistle had spines that strong. I'll have to watch out if one ever attacks me.

Zowie, owiee!

I didn't know milk thistle had spines that strong. I'll have to watch out if one ever attacks me.

It’s just the very tips that really get ya. Like tiny needles, they slip straight through thick leather gloves like a hot knife in butter. And yet, I’ve watched goats eat them down to the root...

Here’s the culprit, before being dug out:
View attachment 117853

Top Bottom