more, cheaper prizes?

ukemonkey

Reaction score
I loved the winner of the All things reggae contest -it was my second favourite (after my own entry, obviously ; )- ) But there were loads of great entries for that contest, a lot of plain honest guy/girl + uke + webcam who maybe can't compete with people who have lots of recording and video expertise. Anyway what I'm getting round to saying is; next contest could there be several cheaper prizes, so more people get a shot at winning? Perhaps you could even get some of those wrist bands that are very popular on another thread, and have 50 or 100 small winners!

That's why I wanted to do a caption contest for my next one (Did a video contest a while back.). It gives those who don't have the uke skills a chance to win. RussBuss did a poetry contest. There's an art contest. There's a photograph your uke doing something contest. All play at different skills, so you get a chance to win at least in one of them! As long as the variety keeps coming, you should have a chance to be a winner.

categories might be an option

It is hard to compare entries from such different talents. Some people have a great voice, others play the ukulele beautifully, some people write original songs, some can make artful presentations with photography and editing, and some just have a great enthusiasm that's contagious. Some possible catagories:
Best Webcam entry
Best Singing
Best Playing
Best Presentation (Photography/ Editing)
Best Original Song
Best Beginner (less than one year playing)
well, you get the idea....

Just a thought. –Lori

It is hard to compare entries from such different talents. Some people have a great voice, others play the ukulele beautifully, some people write original songs, some can make artful presentations with photography and editing, and some just have a great enthusiasm that's contagious. Some possible catagories:
Best Webcam entry
Best Singing
Best Playing
Best Presentation (Photography/ Editing)
Best Original Song
Best Beginner (less than one year playing)
well, you get the idea....

Just a thought. –Lori

We did just that for the Undie Awards! :D

i agree with what the OP is getting at. maybe instead of just one grand prize, have 2nd and 3rd place prizes as well. they can be as simple as a tshirt or some stickers. just some kind of recognition for the top entries. like honorable mentions.

Top Bottom