Ukulele Instructors

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I'll go to five uke fests this season, and I'll be seeing the same instructors./performers. They're excellent, but I'm sure there are other excellent instructors out there. I can't find a single event anywhere in the world that does not have the same familiar names listed.

Among my favorites, in no particular order -
Stu Fuchs
Chee/Maisel
James Hill
Lil' Rev

And a new guy - Christopher Davis-Shannon

I have not been lucky enough to see James Hill, nor Christopher Davis-Shannon but I have attended classes but the others on your list and they are all super. A couple of more I would seek out if close by is Peter Moss and Mark Baker.

I'm surprised you haven't caught Daniel Ho or Brian Tolentino as they're constantly touring the festival circuit.

I heard after the fact that Brian was at The Magic Fluke on Saturday, while I was at a "Spring into Uke" event in Voorheesville, NY. I had never heard of Brian, but of course, I knew of Daniel from the Romero "Tiny" series. I'm surprised I didn't get an email about Brian's day at Magic Fluke.

I see you're in HI, so visiting Magic Fluke in Sheffield, MA would be out of the question.

image015.jpg 02sm.jpg

Last edited:
I have not been lucky enough to see James Hill, nor Christopher Davis-Shannon but I have attended classes but the others on your list and they are all super. A couple of more I would seek out if close by is Peter Moss and Mark Baker.

James is very entertaining, and he usually travels with his wife, who plays the cello. James will often sit and do footwork on a board while he plays. Interesting.

Not footwork, but nice -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pev8D5kNdw4

Here in Honolulu, Brian is a busy bug and is playing just about everywhere I turn my head. He's featured on many of the Ukulele Friend videos. Great player and darn good at improvisation over jazzy changes. I talked to him at a gig and I was surprised to learn he took one of my guitar classes about 40 years ago...

Last edited:
Top Bottom