FS aNueNue Light Bird Tenor cedar/mahogany mint condition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc_J

Reaction score
For sale is a mint condition aNueNue Light Bird, a less adorned version of the fantastic Moon Bird series of ukuleles. The Light Bird model has many of the same features as the Moon Bird model. This is an outstanding tenor.

The top is high grade solid cedar and the back and sides are solid African Mahogany with ebony binding and great gloss finish. A beautiful slotted headstock with ebony headplate, top quality chrome geared tuners, ebony bridge and radiused ebony fingerboard. The front of the headstock has the mother of pearl aNueNue petroglyph logo, and on the back is a laser-etched 'World of Ukes' logo (World of Ukes had an exclusive with aNueNue on this design). Construction, fit, and finish are excellent.

A compensated bone saddle and nut are part of the design, along with aNueNue reentrant Black Water (FC) strings. The resultant tone is clear with a bit more warmth than the Moon Bird. There is excellent note separation and a huge voice, but the sound can also be subtle, crisp. When playing fingerstyle, picked, or strumming melodies, the sustain and pronounced trebles are exceptional. The aNueNue black FC strings produce a well-balanced sound, with a fine chime.

The ‘Light Bird’ has a reduced level of bling, but it maintains the quality tone found in the Moon Birds. The same gorgeous blue, luxurious hard case with silver aNueNue branding on the top is included.

The condition is essentially like new, mint. Why am I selling it? I have two custom tenors (Pete Howlett & Pegasus by Bob Gleason) that I keep in the reentrant C & B tuning, that I adore. Bought this uke to see how good the aNueNue Bird models are. This aNueNue Light Bird is excellent. If I didn’t have those 2 customs as reentrant tuned tenors, I’d definitely keep this aNueNue Light Bird. Sound and feel are very reminiscent of a TODA tenor. Thinning the collection is tough.

Sound sample in C tuning: https://app.box.com/s/8e8qebh3me2vsy4p3j3rkdkswx7s8dh9
Sound sample in B tuning: https://app.box.com/s/4wnm96rptlkzlncg1u9ldo9go5d3ocjh

sold.

Photo Album https://flic.kr/s/aHskUciEAy
P1090142 by hejenkins, on Flickr

P1090152 by hejenkins, on Flickr

P1090144 by hejenkins, on Flickr

P1090151 by hejenkins, on Flickr

Last edited:
Looks and sounds excellent! These really seem to be right up there with the K-brands.

IA. The Moon Birds are very well built, and sound and intonation is good, based on my concert Moon Bird.

Someone is going to get a great ukulele at a great price.

IA. The Moon Birds are very well built, and sound and intonation is good, based on my concert Moon Bird.

Someone is going to get a great ukulele at a great price.

Your Light Bird is the complete package - looks, gorgeous woods and wonderful sound. Someone will be very lucky. I'm saving for a custom build but your uke is tempting :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom