Tenor string set trade thread

bf_

Reaction score
Hello UU. I know that posting in the for sale section on any board is typically not looked upon fondly for a new member, but I had an idea and was wondering if anyone might be interested. If this would be more appropriate in another area of the board please let me know.

After reading a 15 May 2015 blog post by bazmaz on fluorocarbon leader line I assembled a set of Seaguar Blue Label based on the article’s recommendations for my tenor.

I thought I would use the opportunity to let others try this idea without having to buy spools of expensive leader line themselves.

Primarily I’m looking to try a range of other comparable string sets in trade. If someone wanted to buy a set I’m open to discussing it, but I’m really not looking to make sets for sale.

Baz makes comparisons to Worth Clear strings (which I have yet to try), as such I’d like to look for trades with comparable fluorocarbon string sets in mind. Also I’m in the USA, so I’m not sure if international postage would make this a cost prohibitive exercise. If someone is looking to make an international trade please give me an opportunity to check on rates.

While I’ve had a banjo ukulele for awhile I’m still fairly new to the ukulele world, but on banjo forums for this kind of idea I would be inclined to have a thread on members thoughts, comparisons, and experience (understanding it is all subjective unless members put in the work to create A/B comparisons recordings). Perhaps this thread could serve that role as well.

Also I understand that string sets may come in various lengths, for example I see on strings by mail Worth tenor sets are 63 in in length and some report being able to get two sets out of a pack. If you are wanting to send a set of Worths (or anything for that matter) letting me know the length of the string the pack will let me prepare an equivalent set to send you in return.

For simplicity’s sake I was also hoping to arrange these trades on the honor system unless I receive recommendations to the contrary.

With all that in mind I am choosing to post this here for now rather than on the marketplace.

Best regards,
Ben

TLDR: want to trade a tenor string set for a set of Seaguar Blue Label leader line in the following sizes?

40lb - Tenor A string
60lb - Tenor E string
80lb - Tenor C string
50lb - Tenor G string

Article source: https://www.gotaukulele.com/2015/05/something-fishy-fishing-line-as-ukulele.html?m=1

Shameless Self Promotion Forum?

Thanks for the reply Phil. That wasn’t my intent (based on the sub forum’s description), but if my idea is viewed as inappropriate I can take it down.

Best regards,
Ben

Sounds like a good idea to me.

Top Bottom