Rebel Double Cheesecake!

YogiTom

Reaction score
A beauty just landed at HMS: https://www.theukulelesite.com/rebel-super-concert-double-cheesecake-1952.html

I feel like I’m becoming an unofficial spokesperson for this brand, I’ve been posting about them so much. Doesn’t take away from the fact this is a great looking and sounding uke, though!

For those interested, Baz did a good write up on the thin-line version of this wood combo recently here: https://www.gotaukulele.com/2019/04/the-rebel-cheesecake-super-concert.html?m=1

Someone is going to snag a great ukulele. If I hadn’t just bought a KoAloha Opio, I’d be all over this rather than sharing. :shaka:

These are great ukes...Rebel still an unknown brand but I have played all the Rebel that come to the Ukulele Site...for the price hard to beat the tone and fit and finish of these Cheesecake ukes....

I recently bought a Rebel 'Creme Brulee' model from Mim's Ukes, and it's first rate. Solid Mango top, back & sides, bound ebony fretboard, Gotoh UPTs; it looks, plays, and sounds great! That Spruce/Mahogany Rebel at HMS is tempting, but I already got a little something on order from them... :)

The gig bags they ship with are fairly LOL though. :D Fortunately HMS put my Rebel in a nice padded case.

The gig bags they ship with are fairly LOL though. :D Fortunately HMS put my Rebel in a nice padded case.

Agreed. I imagine it as more something John McEnroe would have used to carry his tennis rackets in.

It is the perfect size to fit my Ohana LN soprano, though.

Someone is going to snag a great ukulele. If I hadn’t just bought a KoAloha Opio, I’d be all over this rather than sharing. :shaka:

My UAS is hopeless, I guess. The Opio is going back, and this Cheesecake will be flying my way in its place in 9-14 business days...

My UAS is hopeless, I guess. The Opio is going back, and this Cheesecake will be flying my way in its place in 9-14 business days...

I hope this is the one for you! It’s funny how Rebel named their ukes as desserts while aNueNue ukes are birds. Has the soprano moon bird landed?

As long as you are in UU, there’s no cure for UAS.

I hope this is the one for you! It’s funny how Rebel named their ukes as desserts while aNueNue ukes are birds. Has the soprano moon bird landed?

As long as you are in UU, there’s no cure for UAS.

At least the aNueNue isn’t a Moonpie! ;)

Still waiting for that soprano to land. I did manage to avoid the temptation of the electric concert that’s at HMS, though! Largely because I emailed aNueNue to buy their Air Air dual pickup separately so I can have it installed on the soprano...

I’ll post some NUDs for both when they land.

At least the aNueNue isn’t a Moonpie! ;)

Still waiting for that soprano to land. I did manage to avoid the temptation of the electric concert that’s at HMS, though! Largely because I emailed aNueNue to buy their Air Air dual pickup separately so I can have it installed on the soprano...

I’ll post some NUDs for both when they land.

And moonpie is not even a pie. Haha. I’m in high anticipation of the soprano moon bird NUD. Not sure which luthier is confident of that surgery given the compactness of a $1k+ Soprano.

And moonpie is not even a pie. Haha. I’m in high anticipation of the soprano moon bird NUD. Not sure which luthier is confident of that surgery given the compactness of a $1k+ Soprano.

Excellent point. Fortunately, we have a few here in the Bay Area I would trust to do the work. Would’ve been nice if HMS offered the Air Air as an option for pickup installation, but oh well.

Top Bottom