What's the most you've spent on a uke?

What's the most you've spent on a uke (for yourself)?

• Don't have one yet

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $0 (Got it for free)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • $1-50

Votes: 7 6.4%
  • $51-$100

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • $101-$200

Votes: 12 10.9%
  • $201-$400

Votes: 27 24.5%
  • $401-$600

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • $600-$1,000

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • $1,001-$2,500

Votes: 11 10.0%
  • >$2,500

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters

cpatch

Reaction score
Pretty straightforward...what's the most money you've spent on a uke (for yourself)? Around US$700 for me for my Kanile'a (if you count shipping and the case).

Last edited:
Only have one Uke... Sadly :p
My cheap one that cost about 50USD roughly translated from Norwegian Kroners.. Whish I could afford a better one though :p

Pretty straightforward...what's the most money you've spent on a uke (for yourself)? Around US$700 for me for my Kanile'a (if you count shipping and the case).

cpatch,

Is the DeVine ukulele in your sig this DeVine? I've always assumed yours is the DeVine I've linked to, but those cost much more than your Kanile'a.

$315 plus shipping for my MELE Koa Concert pineapple.

About a year-and-a-half ago I spent $800 for one of the K's, but it was such a piece of crap I sent it back.

I think the dealer had not stored it properly...the finish was cracked all over and the intonation was horrible. I was so disappointed. :(

I spent $775 on my KoAloha not too long ago. I'm actually looking to going big with a one-off custom uke by the end of the year. Starting to save now, and donations are always welcome. :)

Is the DeVine ukulele in your sig this DeVine? I've always assumed yours is the DeVine I've linked to, but those cost much more than your Kanile'a.
Yes, same builder. Mine is one of the first ukuleles he made (well before he went to the Kasha design) and it's not as well built or appointed as the current models (still beautiful though). I got a steal on it through eBay years ago and paid less than $500. I've tried to contact him to get a rough idea of what it's really worth since I'll be putting it up for sale soon but I have yet to get a response. It used to be pictured on his web site but he pulled the photos a while ago when he started to focus more on higher-end designs.

Last edited:
MAKAI Concert CK-55 $40.00
Santa Rosa Baritone BU17 $65.00
MAKALA Soprano (for Grandson) $94.95
MAKALA Soprano (for other grandson)$94.95
KALA Concert KA-MC $239.00
KALA Cutaway Tenor KA-ASMTEC $254.00
And always looking for more.

The most I've ever paid was around $500, but my favourite uke cost me nothing. It is an Ohana SK35G. The store gave it to me because it arrived with the back loose and lifting off. I glued and clamped it, and spent several hours setting it up just as I'd like it to be. I love the way it plays and sounds, and the visible evidence of the repair just gives it a character of its own.

Ukantor.

Most I've spent would be 388$ on my Kala Solid Lacewood Tenor Cutaway. Worth every penny ;)

~3500 on my Kanile'a 8 string.
~3000 for the 4 string S.Tenor ~300 for modification. (Worth every penny)
~Don't want to say for the Moore Bettha.
~Don't want to say for the Glyph

I have a feeling the 5K if and when I track a realy good one down will be the most expensive. I also really have my heart set on one of the Duane bell replicas of the L 5K's.
10-15 or so around 700-1000.

Just over $400US. and severaly in the $200-400 range.

However my next major purchase should be around 3-4k if I can find someone to build it.

$400 for a new Kamaka soprano, five years ago. They've gone up a lot since then. :eek:

Luckily, my two dream ukes are "only" about $1500 each. ;)

Top Bottom