Butterfly Finger Picks

YogiTom

Reaction score
Has anyone tried these?
Butterfly Finger Picks

I've gotta say, they appeal to me a lot more than the aLaska Pik since it doesn't need to go underneath my nail to work properly.

I might just buy a set to try out, but wanted to ask here before I do to see if there is any downside other than being out $20.

The biggest challenge for me was shaping them to keep them on my fingers. I've tried them all and will occasionally practice with finger picks, but nothing I've tried works for my like nails. Now, keeping my playing nails in shape is another story.

I thought about them, but try using a paper clip as a pick and see what you think about the sound. I could be wrong, but it seems like the metalic sound would be similar.

I thought about them, but try using a paper clip as a pick and see what you think about the sound. I could be wrong, but it seems like the metalic sound would be similar.

Great idea. I’ll give it a go.

I was reading reviews, and there several that complained about the sound against wound strings, but many of those seemed to be primarily guitar players, so made sense. I tend to stay away from wound strings on my ukes just from personal preference, so I didn’t think that would be an issue, but definitely worth doing a trial run first!

I have soft nails that completely spread when I do work on fingerpicking for very long. These might do the trick.

Top Bottom