Levy's M70 Strap =- a Bit Long

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I was going to put the Levy's M70 strap on my Klos tenor, but comparing it to the current strap, it was about 4 1/2" too long at the shortest length. I measured up a little over 4" and traced one of the rectangular holes and cut it out. Then I cut another one to tuck the strap back into itself. After running it through all the other holes, it was a perfect fit.

The video that someone posted emphasizes the importance of running the narrow strap through all the holes. Otherwise, it will bulge out. That happened with mine on a smaller scale, so I'll have to cut more holes between the original one I cut and the ones it came with. If you add more holes, be sure to allow for the portion of the belt that is used up going back and forth through all the holes.

It's much nicer having a strap without a buckle. I think I'm going to remove the buckles from my other straps and have the two halves sewn together.

For me they'd be way more than "a bit" too wide, anyway. My straps are all 1/2" or 3/4" wide, the latter being at the upper end of what I can tolerate on a uke.

bratsche

Levy's makes many models of the 1/2 to 1" ukulele strap. My fav 1/2" on a Kremona Mari tenor and RC TT6 is the Levy's Leathers 1/2" Jacquard Weave Mandolin/Ukulele Strap. Super comfy and soft compared to the leather or polyester straps I owned prior. It does have a small plastic buckle you simply slide for a quick size adjustment.

41gFBNcJ9hL.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01BGTZZGM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Levy's makes many models of the 1/2 to 1" ukulele strap. My fav 1/2" on a Kremona Mari tenor and RC TT6 is the Levy's Leathers 1/2" Jacquard Weave Mandolin/Ukulele Strap. Super comfy and soft compared to the leather or polyester straps I owned prior. It does have a small plastic buckle you simply slide for a quick size adjustment

Thanks! It's on my Wish List. I like that the buckle is not close to the uke.

I also prefer 1/2" wide straps. Fits in cases better too, since I like leaving a strap on each uke, whether in a case or bag. Here's my faves:

Thanks! It's interesting that the narrow strap costs double what the wider one costs. Half the leather for twice the price. Brilliant sales move! :D

On my Godin Multiuke I use a Levy's M25, kind of a retro thin strap with shoulder pad. I put it on back wards with the buckle and extra strap material behind my back. Had to re position the shoulder pad on the other side of the strap. So far has worked for me.

Top Bottom