James Hill and Anne Janelle - New Album

I did too.
I think I'll get it, he's my fave.
I finally met him, and what a super nice guy, so modest, and helpful.
We signed up for The Ukulele Way.

I saw James and Anne in February,.2017. They were amazing. The concert was in a small congregational church in Clinton, Connecticut. James clogs and plays mean fiddle as well. Anne has a nice, earthy singing voice in addition to her excellent cello playing. She's a very pretty young lady as well.
I spent about 10 minutes talking to James. A very nice, witty guy. I also got a picture with him. It's part of my ukulele Mount Rushmore. I showed him a few pics with Jake and two with Ohta San.
Anne was not able to hang out too long after the show. They were traveling with their 18 month old son so my guess is she was tending to him.
If James and Anne are anywhere near your area, get in the car and go. It will be worth the trip.

Last edited:
I just got it today! The songs largely appear on albums from both James and Anne, but also includes songs they've only played live. The recordings in this album are also more sparse- but in a good acoustic way. No overdubbing, overpolishing, etc. Has the feeling of getting your own private concert in your living room :) The sound is very nice, as you can hear each note ring nice and true.

I saw James and Anne in February,.2017. They were amazing. The concert was in a small congregational church in Clinton, Connecticut. James clogs and plays mean fiddle as well. Anne has a nice, earthy singing voice in addition to her excellent cello playing. She's a very pretty young lady as well.
I spent about 10 minutes talking to James. A very nice, witty guy. I also got a picture with him. It's part of my ukulele Mount Rushmore. I showed him a few pics with Jake and two with Ohta San.
Anne was not able to hang out too long after the show. They were traveling with their 18 month old son so my guess is she was tending to him.
If James and Anne are anywhere near your area, get in the car and go. It will be worth the trip.

They will be a few miles from me next weekend for the Ashokan Uke Fest. I'm not going to that, but I will go to the concert Saturday night.

Top Bottom