PDA

View Full Version : NUD: Fluke Concert - Koa

Jerryc41
05-17-2019, 03:52 AM
I was impressed by Jim Beloff's new koa Fluke tenor, so I started looking online. I found a new one on eBay that came with the $95 TKL case. Like all "Magic" instruments, it is beautiful and has great sound. This one is going to stay right next to my chair.

118070 118071 118072

M3Ukulele
05-17-2019, 04:00 AM
Congratulations. Doing it again, I’d get wooden fretboard, solid top and Peghed from get go. . My tenor Fluke with poly keyboard is fun and can be left out to play anytime. I have walnut laminate for soundboard which keeps sounding better the longer I have itI did add Pegheds a month after getting Fluke. Huge improvement. Enjoy!

YogiTom
05-17-2019, 05:21 AM
I’ve never noticed the zero fret on these. Interesting!

Congrats on the new armchair companion.

Ukecaster
05-17-2019, 05:41 AM
Nice Fluke Jerry! Yes, I like their zero fret. Intonation seems great on my wooden fingerboard concert Flea, which also has that feature. I notice that the actual nut slots are much wider than most non-zero-fret ukes, since apparently all they do is act a guideway for the strings to the tuner posts.

Jerryc41
05-17-2019, 08:15 AM
Nice Fluke Jerry! Yes, I like their zero fret. Intonation seems great on my wooden fingerboard concert Flea, which also has that feature. I notice that the actual nut slots are much wider than most non-zero-fret ukes, since apparently all they do is act a guideway for the strings to the tuner posts.

I compared it to my laminate Fluke, and I was surprised that the koa sounds better. I'll have to compare it to the Flea now.

Ukecaster
05-17-2019, 08:25 AM
I wouldn't be surprised, as I always expect a solid top instrument to sound better than a lam top.

prb035
05-17-2019, 10:29 AM
Congratulations Jerry! :D

mjh42
05-17-2019, 11:39 AM
Very Nice! I went all out when I bought my concert Fluke but with a spruce top....only thing I didn't order were the side markers, I'd do that now if I was ordering, I ended up putting some white dots on with a paint pen.....its the uke in my avatar....enjoy playing the tenor fluke!