NUD: Fluke Concert - Koa

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I was impressed by Jim Beloff's new koa Fluke tenor, so I started looking online. I found a new one on eBay that came with the $95 TKL case. Like all "Magic" instruments, it is beautiful and has great sound. This one is going to stay right next to my chair.

01.jpg 03.jpg 02.jpg

Congratulations. Doing it again, I’d get wooden fretboard, solid top and Peghed from get go. . My tenor Fluke with poly keyboard is fun and can be left out to play anytime. I have walnut laminate for soundboard which keeps sounding better the longer I have itI did add Pegheds a month after getting Fluke. Huge improvement. Enjoy!

I’ve never noticed the zero fret on these. Interesting!

Congrats on the new armchair companion.

Nice Fluke Jerry! Yes, I like their zero fret. Intonation seems great on my wooden fingerboard concert Flea, which also has that feature. I notice that the actual nut slots are much wider than most non-zero-fret ukes, since apparently all they do is act a guideway for the strings to the tuner posts.

Nice Fluke Jerry! Yes, I like their zero fret. Intonation seems great on my wooden fingerboard concert Flea, which also has that feature. I notice that the actual nut slots are much wider than most non-zero-fret ukes, since apparently all they do is act a guideway for the strings to the tuner posts.

I compared it to my laminate Fluke, and I was surprised that the koa sounds better. I'll have to compare it to the Flea now.

I wouldn't be surprised, as I always expect a solid top instrument to sound better than a lam top.

Very Nice! I went all out when I bought my concert Fluke but with a spruce top....only thing I didn't order were the side markers, I'd do that now if I was ordering, I ended up putting some white dots on with a paint pen.....its the uke in my avatar....enjoy playing the tenor fluke!

Top Bottom