Fun Ukulele Saturday

RafterGirl

Reaction score
My ukulele group played a gig at a community festival today. It was a blast. We were very worried, since our weather went from 80 & sunny on Thursday, to 50 & raining yesterday. We met at the library for a practice session, then headed over to the venue. There was a nice, elevated, covered stage & the audience was great. It was cloudy & a little chilly, but no rain and no wind. We sounded awesome & it was so much fun.

More community gigs next month. I can’t wait.

Way to go!
Events are a lot of work, but worth it, eh?

Outstanding! I love our monthly gig at a street market!

Sounds like both the performers and the audience had a good time!

Very nice. Sounds a lot like the yearly gig we do the end of August at the Culver City, CA fair/carnival La Balloña Fiesta, big stage, big sound system, 60 of us playing.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Sounds like a great time, and maybe you'll get some people interested in playing ukulele, too. :)

This was my first time back playing with my ukulele “homies” since I had wrist surgery a week ago. It sure felt good.

Since the weather was chilly & damp, I took my Blackbird Clara. I didn’t have nearly the tuning issues that others were having. Such a versatile & great sounding ukulele.

Last edited:
My ukulele group played a gig at a community festival today. It was a blast. We were very worried, since our weather went from 80 & sunny on Thursday, to 50 & raining yesterday. We met at the library for a practice session, then headed over to the venue. There was a nice, elevated, covered stage & the audience was great. It was cloudy & a little chilly, but no rain and no wind. We sounded awesome & it was so much fun.

More community gigs next month. I can’t wait.

Sounds good. Any pictures?

I know someone videoed us, but I’m not sure if anyone got still pics. We were about 20-30 strong. Two people did solo riffs, and our fine vocalist also did a solo. We did 3 Beatles songs, Santana’s Evil Ways, Rock Around The Clock, Wagon Wheel, Love Potion #9, I’m Yours, Fly Me To The Moon.

Top Bottom