My new KoAloha tenor!

Roy Jovero

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I received my new KoAloha 16-fret-to-body tenor a couple days ago, and out of laziness and enthusiasm, I didn't take pics of the unpackaging. I know, fail on my part.

But to kinda make up for it, I decided to post a video up on YouTube. The sound sucks, and my playing sucks (well, I only played a couple short strums), but it's better than nothing, yea?

Oh, before I get flooded with messages, I've already got an winner to the mini-contest at the end of the video. I actually forgot that I had uploaded the video to YT already, and I got a winning answer within 15 minutes of the video being uploaded. Sorry guys, but at least it's a UU member that's won. :)

Well, here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Qw9HOvOUWc

I'll take and post pictures later once I find my camera charger.

I hella wanna jam with people, even before I got the KoAloha. I jam by myself in Union City sometimes and the only people with ukuleles are middle/high school posers. I remember this one kid walking with his uke out, Lanikai bag on his back, and strumming a C chord. His friends ditched him for a bit to watch me play a little Honey Baby/Drop Baby Drop.

Congrats on the new uke-she looks and sounds great! Thanks for sharing:shaka:

Sweet congrats on the Koaloha... Another Crown owner.. woohoo. make sure to join the club :shaka:

very beautiful. Koa ukes hole a very special place in my heart. Koa wood ukes are the closest thing i have to living or actually being in hawaii. have fun with the uke broh, it really is the greatest instrument in the world.

(Sorry i am emotional today. The seniors of my high school just graduated and most of them were good friends with me lol)

I hella wanna jam with people, even before I got the KoAloha. I jam by myself in Union City sometimes and the only people with ukuleles are middle/high school posers. I remember this one kid walking with his uke out, Lanikai bag on his back, and strumming a C chord. His friends ditched him for a bit to watch me play a little Honey Baby/Drop Baby Drop.

Nice uke! I want one!

I'm in Fremont but haven't been to any of the UU jams. I think there's a few UU'ers close by.

BTW, what you mean by 'posers?' Like ppl that have ukes but don't know how to play them?! LOL

Congrats on the new uke, Roy . . .

That's one sweet 'ukulele you got Roy. Have fun with it. I hope to get a KoAloha as soon as wallet gets a little fatter. :cheers:

im in san rafael... dude all us bay areas ukers should have a get together:D. Oh, and i kno what u mean about the posers... my friend who started playing uke when i did about 7 months ago, and he brings his ukes around when we hit up the city and he is terrible at playing lol. He doesn't know one chord, but he acts like hes good:rolleyes:, so i just totally crap on him and play Gently Weeps every now and then.;)

Last edited:
Nice video. I have a KoAloha tenor and it is one of the finest sounding instruments I own (comparing other ukes and some nice guitars). I wish they made a baritone.

Jon

Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I'm just hoping that I continue getting better so that I could do this uke justice. Pics will be taken and up by the end of the week.

Top Bottom