Music nomad ukelele cleaner/polish ?

CommonCurt

Reaction score
Music Nomad ukulele cleaner/polish ?

Has anyone tried, or currently use the Music Nomad ukulele cleaner/polish?

Just trying to see if anyone here likes it.

Edit: I tried to correct my misspelling of the word ukulele in the title, but even though it tells me my changes were saved
the title is still the same. Well, that's be the last time I try to start a thread from my phone.

Last edited:
I have and use the Music Nomad Guitar Detailer which I assume is the same thing. I like it. It smells nice too... super easy.

Edit: I tried to correct my misspelling of the word ukulele in the title, but even though it tells me my changes were saved
the title is still the same. Well, that's be the last time I try to start a thread from my phone.

I wonder what is in it.

I went ahead and just ordered some Preservation Polish since StewMac emailed me a "$10 Gift", and on top of that it's on sale for $6 off.
Basically the "$10 gift" payed for the shipping, and I only payed Order Total: $4.98.

I would still like to hear if more people use the Music Nomad cleaner/polish, and what they think though.

The Nomad website seems to lack a MSDS sheet for the product. You have to ask why the company wont advise the ingredients of the products, and how to handle them safely.
At this time I will avoid the products.

Yeah, I agree. If there were some veterans on here saying that they used it, then I was going to consider giving it a try.
But for now I'll just stick with Preservation Polish or Virtuoso polish/cleaner.

I saw a video done by a repair guy from Taylor Guitars, and they use Turtle spray car wax. He said that any good guitar polish/wax was is also good.

Yes, making changes to the title is tricky - or impossible.

Last edited:
The Nomad website seems to lack a MSDS sheet for the product. You have to ask why the company wont advise the ingredients of the products, and how to handle them safely.
At this time I will avoid the products.

Maybe they have secret magic ingredients that they don't want to reveal to their competition.

Yeah, I agree. If there were some veterans on here saying that they used it, then I was going to consider giving it a try.
But for now I'll just stick with Preservation Polish or Virtuoso polish/cleaner.

Ouch!? Well, I am not a veteran of the Armed Services, that’s true. Don’t worry, I’m not really offended. I really like the Music Nomad stuff. I was first turned on to it at my local luthier’s shop where they use the detailer and polish all the time. I asked them about it and they really like it. Over the *years* I have used a few luthiers and they all use Music Nomad stuff and sell it.

Considering I think that KoAloha’s recommendation is to use a slightly damp old t-shirt, I feel ok using Music Nomad stuff. In fact, a lot of their stuff is great including the neck brace, and tuner winder, and f-one fretboard oil.

Here’s what the Ukulele Site says:
3. Ukulele Cleaners (optional): Do not use furniture polish or just any wax on your ukulele. It may not be a problem, but it can be. If you don't want to buy another cleaner just for your ukulele, then use a very lightly dampened rag wrung out and wipe dry. A common favorite for cleaning minor stuff is the Dunlop 65 guitar polish and a micro fiber cloth. If you want to find something at wal-mart or maybe your hardware store that will really gloss up your finish try the Turtle Wax Premium Grade Rubbing Compound (says clear-coat safe). This will be fine on any gloss Asian import but I would not use it on a higher end uke or Hawaiian maker. There are a number of guitar polishes you can use.

Like I originally said, smells nice. Super easy. I just spray it on and wipe off with a microfiber cloth and store. I’m sure my skin oils when I anchor the uke with my picking hand or where my arm rests won’t really harm the uke, but it makes me feel better to spray it down like once a month. I sometimes notice those areas don’t feel as smooth and glossy as other areas of the uke after I’ve been playing awhile.

Cheers everyone!

The only reason I always wonder what ingredients are in a fancy polish like that is that I've often found that magic polishes and cleaners to have exactly the same ingredients as a cheaper non magic alternative. Like maybe Turtle Wax. So I don't want to pay extra because it is being marketed for some specific purpose. And that's not just for ukulele cleaner and polisher, it is for a lot of things. In doing so I've discovered several fret board cleaners and conditioners that cost a lot that are pretty much mineral oil with some minor additives. Mineral oil is very cheap. So that is why I ask. I'm not afraid that there is something harmful in there, although that is always a possibility.

Ouch!? Well, I am not a veteran of the Armed Services, that’s true. Don’t worry, I’m not really offended. I really like the Music Nomad stuff. I was first turned on to it at my local luthier’s shop where they use the detailer and polish all the time. I asked them about it and they really like it. Over the *years* I have used a few luthiers and they all use Music Nomad stuff and sell it.

Considering I think that KoAloha’s recommendation is to use a slightly damp old t-shirt, I feel ok using Music Nomad stuff. In fact, a lot of their stuff is great including the neck brace, and tuner winder, and f-one fretboard oil.

Here’s what the Ukulele Site says:
3. Ukulele Cleaners (optional): Do not use furniture polish or just any wax on your ukulele. It may not be a problem, but it can be. If you don't want to buy another cleaner just for your ukulele, then use a very lightly dampened rag wrung out and wipe dry. A common favorite for cleaning minor stuff is the Dunlop 65 guitar polish and a micro fiber cloth. If you want to find something at wal-mart or maybe your hardware store that will really gloss up your finish try the Turtle Wax Premium Grade Rubbing Compound (says clear-coat safe). This will be fine on any gloss Asian import but I would not use it on a higher end uke or Hawaiian maker. There are a number of guitar polishes you can use.

Like I originally said, smells nice. Super easy. I just spray it on and wipe off with a microfiber cloth and store. I’m sure my skin oils when I anchor the uke with my picking hand or where my arm rests won’t really harm the uke, but it makes me feel better to spray it down like once a month. I sometimes notice those areas don’t feel as smooth and glossy as other areas of the uke after I’ve been playing awhile.

Cheers everyone!

I actually had thought about going back and editing my post to say "more than a few veterans" after seeing your join date :)

I actually had thought about going back and editing my post to say "more than a few veterans" after seeing your join date :)

Haha. No worries. I meant what I said. I wasn't really offended. I found it funny. I guess we should resolve our differences by having a uke-off. (I just made that up too, but perhaps we should develop something to resolve internet differences like this - maybe something non-skill related - who can tune their uke faster?)

Cheers.

On another note. What are some good products to use for nut slot lube (besides the pencil lead trick)?

I know there are several products made for steel string guitars, but curious what other people use on here.

Just got a email back from someone at MusicNomad.

He said that their ukulele cleaner contains "minute traces of silicone", and that if you want to use one of their products that is silicone free to
use their Guitar Polish "which is meant for matte finishes".
However after looking up their silicone/wax free MN101 Polish. It says right on the product page Not recommended for matte finishes?

Also, the Ukulele cleaner is the same exact formula as the guitar detailer.

Top Bottom