Eleuke

liquid_wind

Reaction score
I will be graduating here in three days, which means I will be walking into some money, I am looking into electric ukes. Eleuke seems to receive great reviews. Anything to look out for. Any others like it (Anyone try Kala's copy). Also where can I find some that I can by here in the Midwest. I especially like the EKG model

P.S. Any advice on giving.writing a graduation.

I reviewed the Eleuke on my uke page (see here).

Basically any solid-body electric ukulele will sound the same. Almost no sound unplugged, of course. Amplified, it sounds like a nylon-string guitar, but without the depth of a sound box to give it tonal harmonics. So it doesn't really sound like a ukulele.

Not bad: just different.You can take advantage of amplifer effects to make it sound like almost any guitar - with the understanding that the physics of steel strings with magnetic pickups is vastly different from piezo forced-based pickups so the sound will never be the same. You simply can't wail on a nylon string-piezo pickup instrument like you can on a Tele or Strat.

But it's a fun instrument, and you can plug in headphones and play it without waking uproommates and spouses.

My only issue with mine was that the A string was placed too close to the fretboard edge, making for sloppy fingering and pulloffs when played.​

I have a Risa Uke'ellie which I won in a raffle. Like ichadwick says here it really sounds like an electric guitar, not a ukulele. Also the neck is quite narrow and the action is high so it's harder to play than my other ukes.

I usually take it with me when I'm out of the country because it is almost indestructible and because I can strum away in my hotel room without bothering anyone. It does produce sufficient volume in a quiet room to play it without (headphone) amp.

Maybe I would like it more with a decent amp but I still prefer acoustic whenever possible.

i have a bugsgear eleuke and i love it. it sounds great. i plug into a chorus pedal and looking to get different effects too. you can find some vids on youtube of people playing it. its just like rocking out with a electric guitar, but better. haha.. rockin out with your uke out! :rock:

i had one and didnt like it so i returned it

I have a Bugsgear Eleuke EKG Model in a concert. I love it! And my husband liked it so much that we got a used tenor for him—different model, though.

Top Bottom