What's Great about Families or Friends

keenonuke

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Recently I purchased a resonator because a Luthier said they wouldn't build a resonator for me if I didn't try one. Hence the resonator; but I'd purchased an inexpensive and found I wasn't a fan of that particular one.

Nevertheless, I brought it to my grandson's house. Today while playing at my grandson's I mentioned my plan to sell it. He remarked he liked it and asked if he could have the ukulele. Case closed it's off my signature and my grandson has a uke he likes. It's nice to see a uke go to a good home. :)

I've given three small guitars to my brother. He's given two electric guitars to me. :))

I dunno when my spouse said she really liked playing my Koaloha tenor.......I stopped a moment and thought.....then I said she might have to buy her own.....I might be willing to share,,,,,,,but the Koaloha is mine....:) My spouse is multi instrumental, I've notice she can play pretty much anything with strings.

Now when my son mentioned that maybe an electric guitar was a reasonable gift for his next birthday......I almost immediately said "call your uncle Eddie" My brother is a guitar player collector and I knew he just had to have a guitar my son could "borrow". My son did call uncle Eddie. I put some brotherly pressure on him and last summer after a visit with family we drove home with a nice Fender parts guitar. I sprung for the amp.

Of course grandma---my mother in law---the former strings suzuki teacher---had a music budget to get my son his adult size violin. You know the one you buy for a musician before they are able to buy one for themselves and you want them to have a quality instrument. So they traded in his old violin and bought a nice new one. Problem is they didn't spend the whole budget.

So grandma and son conspire to spend the music instrument budget without telling anybody.

Grandma drops by the house now and then and drops things off.

So one day I get home from work and there is an envelop at the computer and my son says grandma came by today. Ok nothing new, I read the usual contents of the envelop, go about my after work relax, chores, dinner thoughts.....

Couple of hours later I go up stairs and walk by my son's room and notice a Fender Stratocaster on the bed. "Where did that come?" says I. Son responds "I told you grandma came by today."

Sure enough grandma had bought the guitar and once it was delivered to her she brought it right on over.

Hey It's all good, son plays the guitar almost everyday.....

That is when he's not playing some other stringed instrument.....getting to be kinda of like mom......

Better lock up my UKE's before they end up in some part of the house and I can't find 'em......:cool:

I re-homed a ukulele last Saturday. I had a sweet laminate Islander soprano that had been my travel & camp uke for the last year. I decided that soprano scale just wasn't my thing, and I had just acquired a Blackbird Clara that will be my grab & go uke. A member of my ukulele group happened to mention that she wanted to find an inexpensive soprano to take on a canoe trip this summer. She didn't want to go without a ukulele for the extended trip, but needed something more packable than her tenor. Perfect. She loved the Islander at first strum & she's excited to have a travel uke. I'm happy that this nice little ukulele will get to continues it's adventurous life with someone new.

Getting a new ukulele is fun, but seeing someone's smile when they get one is pretty cool. Spreading the ukulele love.

Last edited:
Top Bottom