Tangi Uke Help

rossjr

Reaction score
Looking for some help... I have a Tangi Tenor Uke that needed repair. I contacted the factory and they said they would take care of it. I sent it in as instructed and now I can not get ahold of them. I even tried directory assistance and they no longer have a listing for them. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with them?

Mahalo!

Looking for some help... I have a Tangi Tenor Uke that needed repair. I contacted the factory and they said they would take care of it. I sent it in as instructed and now I can not get ahold of them. I even tried directory assistance and they no longer have a listing for them. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with them?

Mahalo!

Man tough luck. I couldn't find anything either the websites down as well (which I'm sure you checked). Have you tried contacting a dealer like MGM or ukulele4u? Someone who may deal with Tangi on a regular basis may have some info. Good Luck

Last edited:
Hmm, depends when you contacted them, because Tangi is now out of business.

Ouch! I sent him my Ukulele at the beginning of May for repairs, it arrived May 4th. I guess I'll have to try his cell phone number later because I have left two e-mails and have not heard back.:eek:

BTW - That is the e-mail address I have been using and I left a message at one of the Craig's list items. I am going to try the cell phone number after work here 5pm CDT so that should be about Noon HST.

Thanks for all your help guys, I'll try to keep you updated.

brah, he went out of business way before may. so it might just be chillin' there. i hope you get it back or better yet, get ahold of them.

:rolleyes:
brah, he went out of business way before may. so it might just be chillin' there. i hope you get it back or better yet, get ahold of them.

Just when I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel, I find out it's a train......:rolleyes::(

I'll keep trying since I did all this in early May....

bro, did you send it to the factory? Is that where his shop is? was? Or is that his residence? If you got insurance and tracking, I hope you get a hold of him soon, because otherwise, he may not have gotten it at all. If it got lost somehow, claim the insurance and get a new uke! I feel for you bro. Good luck! Hope everything works out fine.

I was pretty sure it was the factory but the address I found in the yellow pages doesn't match the address I was told to send it to. I did send it with tracking and insurance and I do have a signed delivery, so I am not sure I can claim insurance. Once I get out of my meetings I plan on trying the cell phone number provided above. I haven't given up yet....

I used the number Ahnko Honu listed and I feel a lot better. I got a hold of Tangi Ukulele and I am told that my Uke should be done in another week or so. Tough to say now that he is a one man shop, so Thanks everyone and I'll keep the post updated! Looks like I am in good hands!

Mahalo!!

Good job, Ankho!

Glad to hear your uke is in safe hands, rossjr. I would have been upset if I lost my Manini since I don't think Tangi is making new ukes anymore. It's good to know that he is still willing to service them. :D

I used the number Ahnko Honu listed and I feel a lot better. I got a hold of Tangi Ukulele and I am told that my Uke should be done in another week or so. Tough to say now that he is a one man shop, so Thanks everyone and I'll keep the post updated! Looks like I am in good hands!

Mahalo!!

SO happy to hear you got thru. Tangi has allot on his plate so gets distracted.
Keep on him though, give him a call in exactly a week to keep him on his toes.

sounds like you yourself had an experience like this. lol

Nope, just went to his shop and bought his last Gecko mango sopranino then just talked story with him for an hour. He suffered a recent loss of his father, illness in the family with medical bills to pay, and sellers who never paid him for his 'ukuleles then left town, closing his shop, etc., etc. allot on his plate to distract him. Decent fellow passionate about his 'ukuleles. He hopes he can start producing 'ukuleles again in the near future but somehow I don't see it happening soon.

Hey Rossjr,
You will be happy to know that I just spoke to Tanji today. He is still in business, but it is slow. With the economy so bad and slow sales and mounting bills, he had to move. His shop is in Honolulu. Call the cell # that Anko Honu gave you. call him between 11 and 2 Hawaii time.

I dont know your name, but I asked him about the uke you sent. He has it and is working on it. Again, he is not out of business. He struggling now, but he is operating. Aloha, Dino

:rolleyes:

Just when I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel, I find out it's a train......:rolleyes::(

I'll keep trying since I did all this in early May....

Top Bottom