PDA

View Full Version : Tangi Uke Help

rossjr
05-27-2009, 07:25 PM
Looking for some help... I have a Tangi Tenor Uke that needed repair. I contacted the factory and they said they would take care of it. I sent it in as instructed and now I can not get ahold of them. I even tried directory assistance and they no longer have a listing for them. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with them?

Mahalo!

CoffeeMate
05-27-2009, 07:52 PM
Looking for some help... I have a Tangi Tenor Uke that needed repair. I contacted the factory and they said they would take care of it. I sent it in as instructed and now I can not get ahold of them. I even tried directory assistance and they no longer have a listing for them. Does anyone know how I can get in touch with them?

Mahalo!

Man tough luck. I couldn't find anything either the websites down as well (which I'm sure you checked). Have you tried contacting a dealer like MGM or ukulele4u? Someone who may deal with Tangi on a regular basis may have some info. Good Luck

Ahnko Honu
05-27-2009, 08:26 PM
This was working recently, It's Tangi's cell number 808-285-8537.
His email is tangiukuleles@hawaii.rr.com though lately he has been pretty inconsistent at answering emails.
Here's his 2 last Craigslist posts.
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/msg/1143562275.html
http://honolulu.craigslist.org/oah/msg/1150112911.html

experimentjon
05-27-2009, 10:08 PM
Hmm, depends when you contacted them, because Tangi is now out of business.

rossjr
05-28-2009, 02:37 AM
Hmm, depends when you contacted them, because Tangi is now out of business.

Ouch! I sent him my Ukulele at the beginning of May for repairs, it arrived May 4th. I guess I'll have to try his cell phone number later because I have left two e-mails and have not heard back.:eek:

grappler
05-28-2009, 02:39 AM
thats tough man...
Sorry to hear.
keep trying and let us know how it goes

rossjr
05-28-2009, 10:57 AM
BTW - That is the e-mail address I have been using and I left a message at one of the Craig's list items. I am going to try the cell phone number after work here 5pm CDT so that should be about Noon HST.

Thanks for all your help guys, I'll try to keep you updated.

Fred Miu
05-28-2009, 11:18 AM
brah, he went out of business way before may. so it might just be chillin' there. i hope you get it back or better yet, get ahold of them.

rossjr
05-28-2009, 11:26 AM
:rolleyes:
brah, he went out of business way before may. so it might just be chillin' there. i hope you get it back or better yet, get ahold of them.

Just when I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel, I find out it's a train......:rolleyes::(

I'll keep trying since I did all this in early May....

pebbleInDaPacific
05-28-2009, 11:30 AM
bro, did you send it to the factory? Is that where his shop is? was? Or is that his residence? If you got insurance and tracking, I hope you get a hold of him soon, because otherwise, he may not have gotten it at all. If it got lost somehow, claim the insurance and get a new uke! I feel for you bro. Good luck! Hope everything works out fine.

rossjr
05-28-2009, 12:24 PM
I was pretty sure it was the factory but the address I found in the yellow pages doesn't match the address I was told to send it to. I did send it with tracking and insurance and I do have a signed delivery, so I am not sure I can claim insurance. Once I get out of my meetings I plan on trying the cell phone number provided above. I haven't given up yet....

rossjr
05-28-2009, 02:41 PM
I used the number Ahnko Honu listed and I feel a lot better. I got a hold of Tangi Ukulele and I am told that my Uke should be done in another week or so. Tough to say now that he is a one man shop, so Thanks everyone and I'll keep the post updated! Looks like I am in good hands!

Mahalo!!

CoffeeMate
05-28-2009, 02:51 PM
Great news! Go Ahnko +1 rep for you good sir. :)

khrome
05-28-2009, 03:00 PM
Good job, Ankho!

Glad to hear your uke is in safe hands, rossjr. I would have been upset if I lost my Manini since I don't think Tangi is making new ukes anymore. It's good to know that he is still willing to service them. :D

Fred Miu
05-28-2009, 04:02 PM
sweet man, glad you got ahold of him and you'll be getting it back soon.

Ahnko Honu
05-28-2009, 05:22 PM
I used the number Ahnko Honu listed and I feel a lot better. I got a hold of Tangi Ukulele and I am told that my Uke should be done in another week or so. Tough to say now that he is a one man shop, so Thanks everyone and I'll keep the post updated! Looks like I am in good hands!

Mahalo!!

SO happy to hear you got thru. Tangi has allot on his plate so gets distracted.
Keep on him though, give him a call in exactly a week to keep him on his toes.

Fred Miu
05-28-2009, 06:51 PM
SO happy to hear you got thru. Tangi has allot on his plate so gets distracted.
Keep on him though, give him a call in exactly a week to keep him on his toes.

sounds like you yourself had an experience like this. lol

iamdanielle
05-28-2009, 07:03 PM
Whew. Glad everything is okay

Ahnko Honu
05-29-2009, 06:24 AM
sounds like you yourself had an experience like this. lol

Nope, just went to his shop and bought his last Gecko mango sopranino then just talked story with him for an hour. He suffered a recent loss of his father, illness in the family with medical bills to pay, and sellers who never paid him for his 'ukuleles then left town, closing his shop, etc., etc. allot on his plate to distract him. Decent fellow passionate about his 'ukuleles. He hopes he can start producing 'ukuleles again in the near future but somehow I don't see it happening soon.

Dino
05-30-2009, 01:06 AM
Hey Rossjr,
You will be happy to know that I just spoke to Tanji today. He is still in business, but it is slow. With the economy so bad and slow sales and mounting bills, he had to move. His shop is in Honolulu. Call the cell # that Anko Honu gave you. call him between 11 and 2 Hawaii time.

I dont know your name, but I asked him about the uke you sent. He has it and is working on it. Again, he is not out of business. He struggling now, but he is operating. Aloha, Dino

:rolleyes:

Just when I thought there was a light at the end of the tunnel, I find out it's a train......:rolleyes::(

I'll keep trying since I did all this in early May....

Fred Miu
05-30-2009, 08:11 AM
Nope, just went to his shop and bought his last Gecko mango sopranino then just talked story with him for an hour. He suffered a recent loss of his father, illness in the family with medical bills to pay, and sellers who never paid him for his 'ukuleles then left town, closing his shop, etc., etc. allot on his plate to distract him. Decent fellow passionate about his 'ukuleles. He hopes he can start producing 'ukuleles again in the near future but somehow I don't see it happening soon.

yeah he is a very cool guy to talk to. i went to his place twice with Dino, and we stayed for like an hour to an hour and a half easily haha.

rossjr
05-30-2009, 08:19 AM
Hey Rossjr,
You will be happy to know that I just spoke to Tanji today. He is still in business, but it is slow. With the economy so bad and slow sales and mounting bills, he had to move. His shop is in Honolulu. Call the cell # that Anko Honu gave you. call him between 11 and 2 Hawaii time.

I dont know your name, but I asked him about the uke you sent. He has it and is working on it. Again, he is not out of business. He struggling now, but he is operating. Aloha, Dino

Thanks Dino, I did speak with him on Thursday, where he shared what you wrote, so I'll be following up with him on Thursday to make sure we are still on track. I appreciate your assistance.:shaka:

rossjr
06-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Just heard from Tangi tonight and it sounds like my Ukulele is on its way home. Thanks everyone for thier help and THANK YOU Tangi for taking care of my Ukulele!

Fred Miu
06-04-2009, 08:30 PM
CONGRATS!!!! :shaka:

Ahnko Honu
06-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Aloha Ross, great news, let us know how everything worked out when you have the 'ukulele in hand.

rossjr
06-10-2009, 05:25 AM
Aloha Everyone!

When I got home from work yesterday I had a package waiting for me, it was my Tangi Tenor Mango Ukulele I had sent back for repairs. Naturally I tore the box apart to take a look at the piece of art. Tangi did a wonderful job in closing and sealing the crack. To my surprise he also oil the fret board and ground down the frets while lowering the action for me.

:nana:MANY THANKS TO TANGI FOR TAKING CARE OF ME & MY UKULELE!!!:nana::worship:

Now I can get back to work learning to play the thing better....:smileybounce:

Fred Miu
06-10-2009, 07:13 AM
congrats again! now go tear it up!!! not literally.

CoffeeMate
06-10-2009, 08:00 PM
super fantastic, glad you got your uke back :smileybounce:

rayan
06-10-2009, 08:09 PM
Great job UU crew. you all deserve a gold star of some sort.

danged
06-10-2009, 08:24 PM
The latest I've heard from the coconut wireless is that Tangi has closed shop and no more.... but he is selling off his remaining inventory somewhere on the leeward side of Ohau. You are so lucky to get your uke back, you might have needed to hire Dog the Bounty Hunter to track your uke down...

Dino
06-11-2009, 12:01 AM
The latest I've heard from the coconut wireless is that Tangi has closed shop and no more.... but he is selling off his remaining inventory somewhere on the leeward side of Ohau. You are so lucky to get your uke back, you might have needed to hire Dog the Bounty Hunter to track your uke down...

Again, Tangi is NOT closed. His shop is now on King st across from Times Beretania. It's a little hard to find, but he is in business. Check Craigslist Hawaii for he posts messages there for Ukulele to buy. Quality instruments at affordable prices!

Kanaka916
06-11-2009, 06:06 AM
Thanks for the info, Dino!

pithaya9
06-11-2009, 09:54 AM
Aloha Everyone!

When I got home from work yesterday I had a package waiting for me, it was my Tangi Tenor Mango Ukulele I had sent back for repairs. Naturally I tore the box apart to take a look at the piece of art. Tangi did a wonderful job in closing and sealing the crack. To my surprise he also oil the fret board and ground down the frets while lowering the action for me.

:nana:MANY THANKS TO TANGI FOR TAKING CARE OF ME & MY UKULELE!!!:nana::worship:

Now I can get back to work learning to play the thing better

Glad to See your Tangi made it home safe. Uke On!

danged
06-11-2009, 01:45 PM
Again, Tangi is NOT closed. His shop is now on King st across from Times Beretania. It's a little hard to find, but he is in business. Check Craigslist Hawaii for he posts messages there for Ukulele to buy. Quality instruments at affordable prices!

Mahalo Braddah,

I like his ukes..will check him out when I go back home.

Ukulele Jim
06-12-2009, 03:36 PM
I used to have an inlaid koa Tangi soprano. It was a sweet little uke-axe. They make nice instruments.