Any updates on graphtech ratio ukulele tuners

M3Ukulele

Reaction score
Anybody heard if they are continuing with the tuners they showed at NAMM this year. HMS has expensive TYDE concert ukulele that sounds great and it has these tuners. They looked good on it. Rumour was they might do some changes. Unfortunately, Graphtech don’t seem have email for contact to ask. I asked a big guitar store that sells tons of graphtech nuts and saddles and they are useless. I’d like to buy a set and try them! Curious. It was talked about in 2 or 3 threads and then nothing!

Thanks for direction. I sent off note to graphtech. For some reason that contact form seemed confusing to me. LOL
Cheers

We actually ordered 100 sets today. Good prices to upgrade from friction and potential easier retrofits on other heavier geared.

In case anyone didn't read this on the other threads, Graph Tech (proper spelling) sent me a set a few weeks ago for evaluation that I put on my tenor Fluke. I really like them, smooth, solid and tight, no play at all. The Fluke headstock is a little thin so the Ratios hang over the edge slightly, I'm fine with it. Glad to hear that HMS ordered them.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Bonanza has started using them. Shelly's comment was they don't look as good as the Gotohs but work just as well and cost a lot less. There's supposed to be a review model going to Barry Maz soon that happens to have them. I'm sure he'll have no trouble telling the good, the bad, and the ugly. ;)

Last edited:
Hey guys.

Here's a bit of an update.

We are still in the final stages of our retail packaging so you are safely looking at late July, early August by time we get this off to all of our distributors and dealers.
Our goal was to have had the official launch shortly after NAMM but hit a stumbling block in the package design 2 months in that sent us back to the drawing board.

They have been made available for builders in "bulk" form the last 6 months or so, and so far we have been getting very positive feedback from those that have tried them.
Whenever we launch any new product, OEM feedback is usually the first step we take in ensuring we are offering a top notch innovative product.
Any and all feedback is taken into consideration and reviewed internally to see if there is any changes etc that we need to do before the re-sell launch is done.

With the exception of one very minor issue early on , we are good to go as planned!

I can also tell you that we are in the early stages of R+D to come out with a more high end tuner for high end models, but I can't let the cat out of the bag on that quite yet.

If any of you builders out there are interested in ordering them now (bulk of course) fill out the contact link here and be sure to mention Gary in your message (yes that's me). http://www.graphtech.com/contact-us

Look forward to hearing from you an I hope this answers a few questions for you all.

Thanks Gary for the update, and for the evaluation set, like I said, I really like them.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Top Bottom