NUD: Martin Style 2 Tenor

Jerryc41

Reaction score
A friend recently bought one of these, and he loves it. After examining it and playing it a bit, I could see why. Just by coincidence, I happened to see one on eBay, and there wasn't much bidding activity. I was lucky enough to get it, and the owner included the large padded Martin case.

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg

Very nice Jerry. I love Martin ukuleles. Also, that is some of the best looking mahogany I've seen. I bet it sounds as good as it looks. Congrats again.

Jim

I think you will really enjoy playing this beautiful ukulele. I picked up one earlier this month and it is great. The stock strings are the Martin M625 Premiums. They sound great, but I was looking for something more mellow, so I am trying Oasis Warms, Low G. So far so good. Enjoy

A friend recently bought one of these, and he loves it. After examining it and playing it a bit, I could see why. Just by coincidence, I happened to see one on eBay, and there wasn't much bidding activity. I was lucky enough to get it, and the owner included the large padded Martin case.

View attachment 118231 View attachment 118232 View attachment 118233 View attachment 118234

Hi Jerry,
Congratulations, I also bought one of these beauties earlier this year. Mine is a 2016 2K tenor which I got second hand for a very fair price and having played it regularly during the last 3 months I now understand why people hold Martin Uke’s in such high regard. I absolutely love mine and feel lucky to have got it as they are very rare on these shores.

I’ve tried a few different sets of strings on my 2k and have settled on Fremont black lines as my preferred choice. To my ears they just seem to bring out the best in this fabulous instrument.

All the best .
Jon.

I would love to hear a sound clip from one of these Martins. Jerry, John or JJFN, if you have a chance, a sound clip or vid would be great. Jerry, congrats on your new purchase.

Awesome looking Martin. Congrats.

How does the sound compare to your T1 IZ?

Congratulations!

What a weekend!

Awesome looking Martin. Congrats.

How does the sound compare to your T1 IZ?

I played them side by side, one after the other, and I couldn't tell them apart. I'm sure that good audio equipment could discern a difference, but depending how I strummed, there didn't seem to be a difference. One or the other would be louder, but that was dependent on me. They both have sustain that goes on forever. I expect the Iz to be going to its new home on Wednesday.

Top Bottom