NUD - Hawaiian Vacation Style

Kyle23

Reaction score
I am on Oahu for another week and decided to stop down to The Ukulele Site. It was probably the main thing I wanted to do here and everything else was just a bonus. Tobias helped me for about 45 minutes basically to pick a uke. I was dead set on a tenor but after hearing this Mango Pono Concert, I had to buy it. I got a very good deal on it. I was also able to jam with Corey for a bit with my favorite song on the uke, Breezin. Took us a second to get rolling but I’m happy with how it turned out.

Hopefully this picture isn’t too big
nyOTi2H.jpg

Last edited:
Kyle.....wow nice playing, great jam session and beautiful new ukulele. I got a serious case of New Uke in Hawaii envy. Congratulations buddy

Wonderful, truly wonderful. Jamming with Corey must have been a massive thrill for you. It certainly would be for me !

And that Pono Mango Concert looks a real beauty.

Congratulations !

Jon.

Last edited:
Congrats! Must have been a blast to jam with Corey.

Ditto! What a nice instrument and nice sound. Congrats. I would love to go to that shop someday.

Wow, congrats! Those Pono Mango ukes are gorgeous. And visiting HMS and jamming with the folks there is on my ukulele bucket list. That was awesome! :shaka:

Fun jam and a terrific uke.

I notice that Corey played a Moon Bird. Sounded really good with your Pono.

Getting to jam with Corey is so effin’ cool! Nice playing too bro!

Sounded great! Congrats on the new beautiful uke. UAS kick in big time in the Islands.

Congrats!
You really did hit my envy bone....
YOU probably won't ever forget this day.

I appreciate the kind words everyone. As great as Hawaii is, The Ukulele Site is like Disney world to me. I really look up to these guys and I also got to play with Kalei today which is just as amazing. Not as long of a jam but he sounds amazing!

I will never forget these two days.

Fun jam and a terrific uke.

I notice that Corey played a Moon Bird. Sounded really good with your Pono.

that is Tobi's custom Moon Bird

that is Tobi's custom Moon Bird

You are correct. I also have a video of me, Corey, a younger kid and Tobias playing Breezin. Tobias is off camera messing with us by intentionally playing the wrong notes on his Moon Bird lol

You are correct. I also have a video of me, Corey, a younger kid and Tobias playing Breezin. Tobias is off camera messing with us by intentionally playing the wrong notes on his Moon Bird lol

I was at the Ka'kaako store while you were there was feeling under the weather so was not talking to much...:)

Congratulations on your new ukulele, and the great experience that went with it.
I enjoyed your playing on the video, and bet Corey just sold more people on the idea of getting a Moon Bird, too. LOL.

Thanks for sharing, and enjoy that new ukulele!

Top Bottom