NUD: Makai PC-71 solid spruce top concert pineapple

Gmontema

Reaction score
I just picked up this beauty at an amazing price point ($110 + $20 shipping) as a gift uke. It sounds great with the new Aquila red strings. It plays great with good action (a touch high) and perfect fret dressing. It’s pretty balanced in terms of tone with some punch and some decent bass but not too much bass. I am scratching my head about why no one on this board talks about the amazing value of this uke and this brand. Too bad it seems that it seems this is the only one in concert size out there. I’ll miss this one when it comes time to gift it. Hopefully Makai does another run of these!
8B5092AF-755B-4821-90F2-6F1A24F355D7.jpg59161C13-8F6A-45FF-98E0-ACDFB5CA983E.jpg5B847865-45CD-496A-86E6-EB2DA17A8C82.jpg84EAE16B-6A7D-4C0B-AAEA-AA7307E3CA37.jpg

Reverb purchase link

That's pretty, and at a good price. Someone is going to like receiving it.

You say, "I think I have pineapple UAS." Ohana makes matching pineapple soprano, sopranino, and sopranissimo. Start shopping! : )

Last edited:
That's pretty, and at a good price. Someone is going to like receiving it.

You say, "I think I have pineapple UAS." Ohana makes matching pineapple soprano, sopranino, and sopranissimo. Start shopping! : )

Hahaha! Yes, I am familiar with some of those. I hear good things about Ohana. I’ll definitely try them out if I run across them. I’m increasingly curious about adding some spruce to my herd!

Hahaha! Yes, I am familiar with some of those. I hear good things about Ohana. I’ll definitely try them out if I run across them. I’m increasingly curious about adding some spruce to my herd!

Here's a picture of three pineapples. When you get up on stage with the sopranissimo, it makes you look much bigger than you really are. :D

01.jpg

Top Bottom