Southcoast Strings

Ukecaster

Reaction score
I have a set of Southcoast strings, which came as extras with a used tenor uke I bought. They are LL-NW Light Gauge Linear Set, No Wound strings. Before/If I try them, I was wondering if anyone has used them, and can offer any comments/experiences with this set, compared to other flouro brands.

When I see Light Gauge, I usually assume that volume will be lower too, which I don't usually prefer. Also I noticed that, like Oasis, they don't specify the size uke, so I suppose these could be used on concert, tenor, or any size strung low-G.
20190530_104747.jpg

Last edited:
I have a set of Southcoast strings, which came as extras with a used tenor uke I bought. They are LL-NW Light Gauge Linear Set, No Wound strings. Before/If I try them, I was wondering if anyone has used them, and can offer any comments/experiences with this set, compared to other flouro brands.

When I see Light Gauge, I usually assume that volume will be lower too, which I don't usually prefer. Also I noticed that, like Oasis, they don't specify the size uke, so I suppose these could be used on concert, tenor, or any size strung low-G.
View attachment 118517

The late, much lamented Southcoast had tables on their website showing the tuning for a given scale. I'm using my LAST set of LLs to play Low G on a Baritone.

Right, these are primarily for GCEA on baritone or up a step to ADF#B on tenor. Probably would work up another half step for linear Eb on concert.

Right, these are primarily for GCEA on baritone or up a step to ADF#B on tenor. Probably would work up another half step for linear Eb on concert.

Wow, I had no clue on that! Thanks Jim, sounds like I'll probably try to trade those, based on that info.

Dirk, Rest In Peace. You always treated me well.

Top Bottom