Congratulations, John Kinnard

Joyful Uke

Reaction score
Apparently, John Kinnard has been building instruments for 50 years now!
I hadn't been aware of that long history.

He has a special ukulele to celebrate:
http://www.kinnardukes.com/ukes-for-sale.html

I suspect that this might be another ukulele, (like the MB that is up for auction), that won't visually appeal to everyone, though not due to the inlay. Too bad there isn't a sound sample on the website. Like the MB, I bet this sounds amazing.

That is beautiful! Thank you for bringing it to our attention, and congratulations to John!

Wow, that is a work of art. I love the Selmer look. I'm with Joyful, I'd love to hear a sound sample.

Wow, that is a great looking ukulele! I love that bridge, very unusual and very striking! Can see it's got an inlay on the fretboard, but I couldn't quite see it properly.

50 years is incredible, many congratulations to him. And yes, would love to hear it too!

Edit - I see it now, it matches that on the back of the headstock. Very nice touch!

Last edited:
There is a sound sample and the uke sounds wonderful. Each uke for sale has a sample at the bottom right of the specs. Thanks for letting us know about this creation.

There is a sound sample and the uke sounds wonderful. Each uke for sale has a sample at the bottom right of the specs. Thanks for letting us know about this creation.

The sound sample wasn't posted yet when I started the thread, so thanks for pointing out that it's there now.
Ohhh, that sounds lovely. Someone is going to have an incredible ukulele.

Top Bottom