Hard case for 60’s Martin Style O??

Astein2006

Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a hard shell case that is a good fit for a 60’s Martin Style O?

The black archtop Guardian case, with cushy green velour interior is a very nice case, and fit my Martin Style 0 like a glove. Not too long either, I don't like too much extra/wasted room above the headstock, as many cheaper soprano cases seem to have. Here's an ebay pic, with another brand uke inside.

20190603_001316.jpg

Last edited:
I second the Guardian case. Pretty perfect. I believe you have to order the "vintage" model to get the arch top. Once I mistakenly ordered the Guardian soprano case and got a flat top.

The black archtop Guardian case, with cushy green velour interior is a very nice case, and fit my Martin Style 0 like a glove. Not too long either, I don't like too much extra/wasted room above the headstock, as many cheaper soprano cases seem to have. Here's an ebay pic, with another brand uke inside.

View attachment 118654

Thank you for the suggestion!!

I second the Guardian case. Pretty perfect. I believe you have to order the "vintage" model to get the arch top. Once I mistakenly ordered the Guardian soprano case and got a flat top.

Thank you also. Will check it out!

The pic I showed from ebay is a used Cordoba soprano in the nice Guardian case, now for sale for $140.00 shipped, if at all interested in both a uke & case.

The Gator cases work really well and fit nicely, both the Journeyman and the Black case of similar style.

Gonna be watching this thread as I want a new hard case for my Style-0 also.

I have the cheap soprano tweed case from eBay too, it's huge, and a sop floats around in there. In fact, my concert Flea fits in there perfectly.

I have the cheap soprano tweed case from eBay too, it's huge, and a sop floats around in there. In fact, my concert Flea fits in there perfectly.

John and I travel in the same case circles...I just bought a Glarry for soprano and the sop case needs a ton of stuffing, it is useless but the KPK long neck fits in there ok. If you want a good fit for a martin...I don't think you have all that many choices really. Just get one of the two above recommendations Guardian " vintage" arch top or a gator soprano...or the Martin plastic case for quite a lot of coin....and forget it....play it. This is my conclusion after hours of looking in the recent past.

John and I travel in the same case circles...I just bought a Glarry for soprano and the sop case needs a ton of stuffing, it is useless but the KPK long neck fits in there ok. If you want a good fit for a martin...I don't think you have all that many choices really. Just get one of the two above recommendations Guardian " vintage" arch top or a gator soprano...or the Martin plastic case for quite a lot of coin....and forget it....play it. This is my conclusion after hours of looking in the recent past.

I almost went with the black Gator case on Amazon. In the product pictures it shows a S1 fitting in the case, but I couldn't tell for sure if there was a tiny bit of extra space around the lower bout.
If people are saying that one fits Vintage Martins good then I'll probably end up going with that one.

I did see the Martin Thermoplastic case and Ameritage Silver cases on Elderly, but yeah. The Martin case is $215, and the Ameritage is $240.
The Ameritage case looks amazing though.

Top Bottom