Introducing Joyner Electric Ukuleles (and 20% off sale)

amendel

Reaction score
I've been a lurker on UU for quite some time, but wanted to introduce myself and my business. My name is Adam and I started Joyner Electric Ukuleles about 3 years ago with the goal to build high end electric ukuleles for serious musicians.

I have always been a maker. With a background in fine Jewelry and then 7 years of teaching High School I needed a change. I had loved the ukulele for a long time - ever since I saw Jake play "My Guitar Gently Weeps" and it had always been a dream to build instruments. So with that in mind I built my first electric and acoustic ukes. They were good. Really. (In fact I still own and play the fiirst electric and acoustic) But I have been accused of being a perfectionist more than once and I became fascinated with finding the solution to each little puzzle. To perfecting body and neck shapes, to finding alternatives to off the shelf guitar parts, and to really dialing in the sound and the way these ukes play.

Some of the solutions came in the form of repetition. Some of them came in giving up on finding the right part and instead designing it. Some of them came in a moment of of good luck and some of them are still out there nagging at me, but most of them have a pretty darn good solution.

I would love it if any of you would be willing to spend a couple minutes checking out my web site and seeing what my ukes are about. I'm also having a 20% off sale right now to try and raise a little bit of money to go to NAMM this winter (use code NAMM20) at www.JoynerInstruments.com

In the meantime here's a little video of Blaine Dillinger Playing on of my Ukes. If you go out to see Slightly Stoopid this summer look for him and Hirie in the opening acts. Theyre pretty great.

Top Bottom