PDA

View Full Version : NUD: gold tone microbass

uku-q
06-04-2019, 12:22 PM
I received a gold tone microbass last week (thanks Mike!). It looks and sounds great. Those chubby strings are going to take some getting used to! I was finally able try it out with my kids last night. They play jazz—sax and clarinet—and the bass got raves. It does the job and does it well, although I must admit that bass parts are a bit boring. The fun of playing together will make it worth it no doubt!

Jim Hanks
06-04-2019, 05:51 PM
Enjoy!

Bass parts boring? You need to listen to less Sting and more Geddy Lee, Victor Wooten, Billy Sheehan, Michael League, Armin Metz, Jaco, Marcus Miller. :shaka:

kohanmike
06-04-2019, 07:41 PM
Glad to have made it happen. I learned "Fly Me to the Moon" using the arrangement our group leader did. I find it challenging to keep up with the walking bass arrangement I made, especially with so many major and minor walk ups and walk downs.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

uku-q
06-15-2019, 12:43 AM
Ha! Less Sting seems like solid advice for anyone.

Bill Sheehan
06-15-2019, 03:03 AM

... and more Billy Sheehan... !! :)

Jim Hanks
06-15-2019, 04:36 AM
I actually like Sting, especially his work with Dominic Miller, and his bass lines fit the music.

... and more Billy Sheehan... !! :)
Haha! Wait, is this *the* Billy Sheehan or just *a* Billy Sheehan. :rofl:

Bill Sheehan
06-15-2019, 04:42 AM
Hahahaha! This is just *a* Billy Sheehan! I'm pretty sure I'm not quite as wild as *the* Billy Sheehan!

(Pretty wild, though...)