Nud

Nickie

Reaction score
Hi, just popped in to leave a few pics of my new Loprinzi custom uke.
After it warms up a bit, I'll post a little review.loprinziincase.jpg

Attachments

• loprinzifront.jpg
    loprinzifront.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 110
Very nice. I'm looking forward to reading your review; Loprinzi builds are always clean.

I like those fretboard markers. Do they wrap around the side to function as side dots?

Wow that certainly is a beaut. Is that the LoPrinzi MC/MS but I can't tell if the top is cedar or spruce? Please fill in the details ;-)

Very neat build! I love those darker grain lines on the top that run diagonally up just past the rosette on either side. Clearly not a chance happening, and just one subtle sign of a well thought out build, imho!

Can’t wait to hear the review.

Congrats, Nickie. I have a friend with a with a LoPrinzi Tenor which he really likes. One of the next Ukuleles I want to get is a LoPrinzi Baritone. Yours is a particularly stunning looking instrument.

Really nice looking. Love the fret markers. Looking forward to the review.

Looking forward to the review. LoPrinzi ukuleles are great ukuleles.
Enjoy yours!

Hi, just popped in to leave a few pics of my new Loprinzi custom uke.
After it warms up a bit, I'll post a little review.View attachment 118737

Nice. So you are the one that was having a String-thru bridge being made.

I asked Donna a few months ago if she would do a string-thru, and she said she happened to be building one at that time.

Thanks everyone!

Yes, it's a concert scale. Yes, the fretboard has a slight radius, for fingerpicking, much less angle than my Cocobolo. It does have a through the body bridge, they are very easy to restring, and don't pull the bridge away from the top, which is made of spruce.

The fret-markers do wrap around to serve as side-markers.

It is the 1st Loprinzi ukulele to have a champhored edge armrest. It has been "Home" for just about 32 hours, and has already done an open mic and a gig at an ALF.

loprinziarmrest.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool features...looks like a total keeper! Your UAS has been kicked to the curb...well, maybe another LoP is in your future! :D

A big congratulations on your new custom uke, you deserve it. I know you love Donna and her work so this one is really personal and no doubt a lifetime keeper.

A string through bridge, a beveled arm rest and a radius fret board. These are all options I like on my own ukes. Another Loprinzi just might be in my future. Please supply and picture of the back, we love the look of wood.

Thanks, yes, it's mine till I kick the bucket. I no longer have the night sweats and floor pacing "I wants".
But my bank account is hurting too much now anyway to buy another, for at least a couple of years.
I intend to "play it to sawdust" if the grim reaper don't get me 1st!
Here's a shot of the back, I hope you can see the maple grain.
loprinziback.jpg

Awesome to see some get a Uke they like so much. Congrats, it’s super cool. Would love to hear it, enjoy!

Thanks everyone!

Yes, it's a concert scale. Yes, the fretboard has a slight radius, for fingerpicking, much less angle than my Cocobolo. It does have a through the body bridge, they are very easy to restring, and don't pull the bridge away from the top, which is made of spruce.

The fret-markers do wrap around to serve as side-markers.

It is the 1st Loprinzi ukulele to have a champhored edge armrest. It has been "Home" for just about 32 hours, and has already done an open mic and a gig at an ALF.

View attachment 118771

Did Donna happen to say what she uses for the bridge plate on her string-thru bridges?

Very nic nickel and congratulations. I love wood combo. I’m big fan of string thru bridge and my next ukulele has to have UPT’s. I heal of the next to body is cool. Enjoy

Top Bottom