Melodious Thunk

Reaction score
.-=[SOLD]=-.

How To Solo On The Ukulele DVD $13
Includes CONUS shipping!
DVD is in like-new condition!

709smallscan.jpg

Description
Strumming chords to back up singing is fun, but there's more to the ukulele than that! If you've seen Jake Shimabukuro or some other contemporary uke wizards playing amazing instrumentals, you know the little 4-string jumping flea is capable of anything. If you'd like to learn how to play solos (with other people or by yourself), this lesson will show you several approaches to doing just that. You'll learn two moveable blues boxes, chord based licks, "Steve Cropper licks," first position and moveable major scales...and how and when to use them. These soloing ideas work for songs of just about any genre: rock, pop, blues, country, R&B, you-name-it!
Fred takes you through all these techniques using diverse musical examples like Jamaica Farewell, Corinne Corrina, Feeling Alright, St. James Infirmary, Amazing Grace, Careless Love, Chilly Winds, Louie Louie and more. His easy-going instructional style makes it all clear and understandable, and all the scales, licks and many of the songs are written out in tab and music in the accompanying PDF file/book. Get together with other players and prepare to shred!

80 minutes - Detailed tab/music PDF file on the DVD

Last edited:
I'll put you down for both of them (I got your email). I may not still have your address though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom