O'Kona Ukulele

meppmb

Reaction score
Curious if anyone has heard of the O'Kona brand ukulele? Had an opportunity to buy one recently and couldn't find much about them. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks!

yes thank you yogitom have you any experience with them?

Andy Berard - OKona
From Kona, Hawaii, he was a member of the Ukulele Guild of Hawaii and died in 2005

I have one and it is AMAZING. He was very careful about wood choice tuning tops and building. He had a o'kona page with lots of info but it appears to have expired. He gave a lot of technical advice per his engineering background on thickness of different woods to be used etc. My advice if you see one grab it they are very rare. I will try to post some pics of mine soon.

yes thank you yogitom have you any experience with them?

No personal experience, just trying to help!

Andy Berard - OKona
From Kona, Hawaii, he was a member of the Ukulele Guild of Hawaii and died in 2005

I have one and it is AMAZING. He was very careful about wood choice tuning tops and building. He had a o'kona page with lots of info but it appears to have expired. He gave a lot of technical advice per his engineering background on thickness of different woods to be used etc. My advice if you see one grab it they are very rare. I will try to post some pics of mine soon.

Have you tried checking The WayBack Machine? There is probably at least the barebones of the old site archived there. Worth a check, anyway.

Thank you so much for your reply, I appreciate the info! Did you buy yours new? Would love to see a photo of it.
I guessed they were very, very nice from the photos I saw.

Just checked the Wayback Machine and there's no URL, no webpage, thanks for the suggestion though. I couldn't find much about the maker in my own web search since he's passed so I was hoping the UU community might have personal knowledge or own one. :eek:)

Very, very nice barisaxer! Did you buy it new?

Thanks so much Jim! That's the most info I've seen. Do you anyone that owns one of these?

I purchased it used. I have several from smaller makers. This is a outstanding ukulele. Henelele, Hana ukulele and some other jems.

What a lovely ukulele. I've never heard of the brand.

Thanks for sharing the photos Barisaxer. (I hope your flowers recovered from the photo shoot. ;))

Interesting info Jim.

I purchased it used. I have several from smaller makers. This is a outstanding ukulele. Henelele, Hana ukulele and some other jems.

My inbox is cleared if you want to message me. :eek:)

Top Bottom