I need quick help on fixing my nut

bornagainjeeper

Reaction score
Need help quickly...the nut on my mainland seems to have come loose from humidity...would a tiny bit of emlers regular glue be the right choice? i hope someone answers quick or i'll do it I SWEAR

(Insert joke here)

No problem. We don't glue them incase people want to mess with the action or change from a lowG. If it seems to slide around a little, put a tiny dab of elmers under it. That way you can get it loose if you ever want to change it.

No problem. We don't glue them incase people want to mess with the action or change from a lowG. If it seems to slide around a little, put a tiny dab of elmers under it. That way you can get it loose if you ever want to change it.

you know i was wondering....because when i took it off their didn't seem to be any residue of any sort, it obviously wasn't causing me any real trouble i just noticed it was moving so i figured i should make it stop...i put a very thin layer of elmers under there but i can see why you'd leave it loose...did i mention i love this uke more than anything in the world?

Nothing worse than a broken nut. :rofl:

Nothing worse than a loose nut. I've had one since the war.

you could try fixing it with some super glue or something. Elmer's glue might be messy and it might not hold it well enough. Go to Lowes (or any home improvement store) and go through their adhesives aisle.

But I would just buy another nut ASAP, that is, if you're familiar with how to take the nut off.

If you use Titebond or superglue then just a tiny spot on the end of the fretboard side will do it. In future a gentle tap will knock it free.

If you glue on the end of the fretboard the grain orientation makes it less likely that the glue will pull any wood off than if you glue underneath the nut. I had a mandolin with a nut glued on at the bottom. When I tapped it free to replace it with a bone one it pulled a couple of small splinters off along the grain of the neck. No big deal, but it raised a frown.

Don't they have surgeries for that? I'd call your health insurance company first, though.

Top Bottom