Comparison between 0XK and Flea Soprano?

westcoast

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone had any experience with both a laminate flea soprano and a Martin 0XK? I like the balance on the flea, how is it on the Martin?

I currently have the Flea but I was wondering if the 0XK would sound any different? Has anyone run across any sound clips?

Thanks!

More volume with the OXK and maybe more sustain. Tone quality is sort of subjective but I believe if you try one, you will like it.

More volume with the OXK and maybe more sustain. Tone quality is sort of subjective but I believe if you try one, you will like it.

Cool, thanks for getting back to me. I'll have to find one around me somehow to try out.

I've owned both and like both. If you can find a Famous FS-1 or its stablemate the Kiwaya KS-1, you'll get a lighter instrument than the 0XK.

All these are very durable and playable.

I have an OXK, and like the traditional shape. I had strap buttons put on it, which makes it very easy to hold and play - one nitpick about the OXK for some is that it can be perceived as top heavy. Strap buttons help negate that.
I love mine and wish I had started out with it as a first uke as it covers the criteria of easy maintenance and great sound. It came right from the Martin factory via Musician's Friend and was perfectly set up.

IMG_20150528_101311228.jpg

I like the Flea for it's looks and the toughness factor. Add the option of the wooden fretboard, and the price is higher than the Martin's, although not by much. I prefer the wooden fretboard, but I'm going to try marking the frets somehow on a plastic board and see how that goes.

Top Bottom