Stranded with my Ukulele

jnicholes

Reaction score
My car broke down, and I am stranded. Its just me, my older brother, and my ukulele.

I might as well make the best of it with my Ukulele while waiting for my father to get here!

Jared

Good on ya!

My wife and I recently opted to wait for a later flight for some travel credit and upgrade to first class, and it gave me a few hours of play time in the terminal with my new (to me) baritone.

Similarly, my trumpet teacher once told me he was traveling back from South Africa where his wife’s family is from, and they were delayed on the tarmac for something like 3 hours. He asked the flight attendant if he could step off to practice his trumpet under the plane while they waited, and they allowed it! Different times, different country, but still...a good use of down time, for sure.

He always had me carry a mouthpiece with me to buzz when I had downtime. Can’t tell you how many buzzing jam sessions along with the radio I had while stuck in traffic and the fun looks from other drivers that invariably followed. The only downside: it gets very spitty, very quickly...:drool: ;)

Had a nice jam session, then I got the car fixed. Turns out the battery was defective. Fortunately, it was under warranty.

Jared

Top Bottom