Ukulele Building Course

BuzzBD

Reaction score
https://photos.app.goo.gl/2Ahdus1q2tx47Kee9

I finished teaching a ukulele building course at my home on Kauai a couple of weeks ago. My student Valter is Italian, who has been living in New Zealand for the last several years. Valter is a talented woodworker/luthier with an impressive number of guitars under his belt, but wanted some experience building a ukulele. We had a wonderful time building a tenor ukulele for him and it turned out great.

I will be offering a limited number of courses starting next October through June. The course is 8-10 days where we build the ukulele of your choice. All materials, tools and supplies are provided by me as well as accommodations for you at my home. The accommodations are a private room with cooking and bathing facilities located under the main house next to the shop. If you wish to bring a significant other with you, no extra charge, just as long as you’re happy sharing the bed. The ukulele will be yours to keep. Price is $1200 for a soprano, $1300 for a concert and $1400 for a tenor. If you have any questions please email or send me a PM.
Brad

Beautiful ukulele!

Your house looks like its on the beach, how is the surf breaks around there?

Mahalo brah! My house is one block from the beach, the water you see in the pic is the canal the runs along my property. But there are a number of good surfing breaks close by. Valter went out for a morning session at Pakalas (Infinities) just a couple of miles down the road and ran into Bethany Hamilton surfing with her family. He was pretty stoked about that. A couple of days later he ran into Robby Naish at Hookipa beach on Maui.
Brad

The body is koa, the neck is H. Mahogany, the fretboard and bridge are ebony. Valter designed and used his CNC router for the peghead veneer which uses some New Zealand timbers. I had resawn the koa some weeks before he got here to make sure everything was dry enough to assemble, but he chose how chose how to bookmatch things. We call it the looking glass ukulele and the back matches the front.
Brad

Top Bottom