FS: KoAloha Red Label Tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arob54

UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD

For Sale: Beautiful KoAloha Red Label Tenor. While I love almost everything about this instrument, I have found that I have really fallen for the sound of spruce and redwood. I am selling to purchase an instrument with the tone I am seeking.

-Fall 2017 Build. This was part of the first batch of the seasonal Red​ Labels and did not include the season mark on the heel.
-Constructed of highly figured Koa top, sides, and back - certain sections look almost on fire as you shift the ukulele under a light source.
-Ebony appointments including top binding, bridge, fingerboard, faceplate.
-Abalone/Paua KoAloha Red Label logo and fret markers.
-Hipshot tuners.
-Excellent playability. The KoAloha sound is refined and taken to the next level with this instrument.
-No previous repairs or structural damage.
-Originally purchased from HMS (www.theukulelesite.com) in December 2017. I am the second owner.
-Comes in a KoAloha brand hardcase that fits it perfectly. ($130 value only sold by KoAloha directly)

The KoAloha Red Label as described by HMS:
The top luthiers at KoAloha build the Red Label customs. They come along every great once in a while. It's always a treat to show these special instruments. Red Labels have a different bracing than the normal KoAloha for an even more rich, focused tone. We think this is one of the best sounding tenors you'll find.

I don’t currently have the ability to make a sound sample, but this is a sample of a different uke from the same batch sold by HMS to illustrate the tone of this instrument:

https://vimeo.com/242920772

Full disclosure: The red label is in excellent condition except for some superficial spots, one small scuff and pin prick on the binding near the base, a small scratch that can be seen in the right light and two pin prick sized marks on each edge of the faceplate. It was really unfortunate, but the keys came loose from the under neck compartment in the case during delivery to me and caused the damage-I spoke with Griz who was more than helpful and assured me the repair is a cosmetic repair and nothing that would effect the structural integrity or the tone of the instrument. He said if I wanted it back to new, without seeing it in person, he would recommend a refinish at the cost of $250 instead of attempting to buff out the areas and risk burning through the finish. See the google photos album for up close pictures of the areas.

Google Photos with more pictures.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/

7F547980-8C58-434B-A5C7-FCDCF8B0D193.jpg79FDB40E-5024-499C-B47E-7CE5594C1A04.jpgC2B98735-3A14-4C16-8052-91F87446CC6D.jpgCC2DF544-E973-4BA8-902F-018469B17DC0.jpg56F48A47-F1FF-4CEA-80F5-D4D79DA50E3B.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely KoAloha tenor. An excellent price as well.

It will make a KoAloha fan very happy.

...what's...with...the...tiny...font?

:)

Kenn-thanks for the kind words

bearbike-apologies, I copied and pasted the write up from another app. I updated the post font size to 3. Hopefully that makes it easier to read. Thanks for the heads up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom