New Owner!

VegasGeorge

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Congratulations! It's a beautiful looking uke, and the sound will likely match it's looks. Exciting times! :)
Jan D

Congrats! Looks like a great acquisition. Enjoy!

You are indeed fortunate to acquire such a nice example. Enjoy it.

That looks like a beautiful uke. The figuring on that mahogany is pretty special.

Congratulations. A beautiful ukulele, and I hope that you enjoy it.

Just installed an Aquila Red low G String on it. Had quite an argument with myself as to whether or not to do that. I had to widen the slot in the bridge a little to accommodate the fatter string. The work went well, and I don’t think it degraded the instrument any. It sure sounds nice! The low end resonance is beautiful.

The figurings on the mahogany are to die for! I think it’s worth every penny and more. Congrats!

I too swapped for a Low G (wound) on my concert (not a collings, obviously) and I love that bassy quality.

Congratulations! You lucky dog...
That headstock is quite lovely.

In case you didn't see my post, here's a link to a Collings pdf showing how to string it. When I showed my concert to a Collings fanatic friend, he said he wouldn't play it because it was strung wrong, and he didn't want a string to pop out, which is what happened with his tenor. The Collings case is very nice, but the lid on my concert case doesn't even go to vertical, so it's tricking getting the tightly-fitted uke out of the case.

https://www.collingsguitars.com/img/faq/collings-ukulele-restringing-guide.pdf

Top Bottom