1927-1932 Martin Concert 1-C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telperion

Reaction score
SOLD: 1927-1932 Martin Concert 1-C

Need to raise some funds, so decided to list this great old Martin. I purchased this on FMM a couple years back and have really enjoyed it. It's in great shape and I believe everything is original. This 1-C dates to between 1927 and 1932, as evidenced by the black button Grover Simplex tuners, and the absence of a large logo decal on the headstock. The neck is very straight and action is great. Intonation is also good. The only issues are some minor pitting just south of the bridge (assuming from string changes), and a very old repair of a small crack near the binding on the lower bout. There is also a finish check adjacent to the repaired crack. Both have been completely stable during my ownership. Again, the repair was cleated, and appears to be extremely old. The uke comes with it's original case, that shows its age, but is still well intact. Also included is a modern ABS Oahu hardshell, which fits perfectly and provides excellent protection. Overall, this is an excellent example of a very early Martin concert ukulele. Price is SOLD and includes CONUS shipping+insurance with excellent packing. Please get in touch with any questions. This instrument is cross-listed on FMM.

Thanks for looking!

Top_Sun.jpgBack_Sun.jpgHeel 2_Sun.jpgBass Side_Sun.jpgTreble Side_Sun.jpg

Last edited:
What is the price?

1927-1932 Martin 1-C

Additional photos with more detail. First image highlights the small cleated top crack and adjacent finish crack. Again, this appears to be an incredibly old repair, and has remained stable. The second image shows the crack in normal indoor lighting, where it is not nearly as visible as when the sun is reflecting off of it.

Crack photo.jpgcrack different light.jpgIMG_8365.jpgGrover Simplet 92.jpgIMG_8378.jpg

Beautiful uke! Yes, how much is it?

Oops! OK, checked your ad on FMM.

Bill

Last edited:
1927-1932 Martin 1-C

A few additional photos to show original case and ABS Oahu case.

Inside Oahu Case_Sun.jpgOahu Case.jpg

Attachments

• Chipboard case closed.jpg
    Chipboard case closed.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Chipboard case open.jpg
    Chipboard case open.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
"get thee behind me satan.."

I. MUST. RESIST.

Some doggo voice says “Sharp? Dis is ur uke!” But unexpected plumbing repair is forcing a complete bathroom remodel $$$ sooner than anticipated.
I must not give in to the voice. I must remember I have long neck soprano coming in a few weeks and it is the last uke I will ever buy! This concert is primo and I know someone will really enjoy this lovely uke and I take solace in that fact. Please hurry up whoever you are!

Bump for price reduction. SOLD will get this great piece of Martin history shipped to your door (CONUS). Get it while it lasts!

-Steve

Last edited:
This one is still looking for a new home. Great price on a sweet little Martin concert. Not too many of these from the late 20's that are in this good of shape!

This is a great price. These vintage Martin concerts are really wonderful ukuleles. I wish I had the $$$ for this one. I’d be on it in a heartbeat.

Thanks for your comment, SY. Yes, I agree that these concerts are great ukes. I need to cover some expenses, otherwise wouldn't be selling this one!

Going to make one final push here. Dropping price to SOLD and including a new Oasis Ukulele Humidifier to further sweeten the deal. You'll get this gorgeous ~90 year old Martin concert ukulele, original case, new Oahu case, and a new Oasis humidifier shipped to your door (CONUS). Cheers!

-Steve

Last edited:
This is an great deal. I literally have a vintage Martin Concert (that's not nearly as nice as this one) arriving today. Someone better grab this.

Thank goodness for that...I was really getting hot under the collar for this uke. It's a beauty and the price is excellent! But I also value my marriage and it's getting to the point that I can't have both my wife and another vintage Martin Concert uke... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom