NUD: Painted Fluke

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I'm falling behind with my NUD posts.

Someone posted a link to this on sale on ebay, and I couldn't resist. I has a K&K pickup, which I doubt I'll ever use. I'm going to bring it to Magic Fluke and have the fretboard replaced with a wooden one.

I also got a plain-Jane walnut Flea to use as my "hanging around" uke, but that isn't worth an NUD post. Rather than replace the fretboard on that, I'm going to apply paint of some kind to the frets - eventually.

1.jpg 5.jpg

Very cool and fun painting on the front. A one-of-a-kind design. (Make sure it's sealed with a clear acrylic so it doesn't chip, if the artist hasn't already done so.)

Congrats!

Very cool and fun painting on the front. A one-of-a-kind design. (Make sure it's sealed with a clear acrylic so it doesn't chip, if the artist hasn't already done so.)

Congrats!

Yes, I want to spray it with something - not sure what. I'm not starting a professional music career with this, so if there is a minuscule deterioration of the sound, it won't matter. : )

Krylon used to make a spray crystal clear acrylic. Artists used to use it to protect and set their chalk/pastel drawings. I'm assuming the paint the artist used is acrylic-based. Some of the gloss medium/varnishes that the acrylic paint mfgs can dry a little milky and still have a soft, rubbery feel to them.

I wish you could test whatever you use before you use it on the paint. Any chance you can contact the artist and ask what she'd recommend? Maybe ask the store if they have a way to contact her. It may already be sealed.

Otherwise, I'd recommend talking to an artist friend or a local artist group or a college acrylic painting instructor to find out what they recommend.

Last edited:
Krylon used to make a spray crystal clear acrylic. Artists used to use it to protect and set their chalk/pastel drawings. I'm assuming the paint the artist used is acrylic-based. Some of the gloss medium/varnishes that the acrylic paint mfgs can dry a little milky and still have a soft, rubbery feel to them.

I wish you could test whatever you use before you use it on the paint. Any chance you can contact the artist and ask what she'd recommend? Maybe ask the store if they have a way to contact her. It may already be sealed.

Otherwise, I'd recommend talking to an artist friend or a local artist group or a college acrylic painting instructor to find out what they recommend.

Thanks. Sounds like a plan.

Top Bottom