PDA

View Full Version : How many times do you visit UU a day?

specialmike
05-28-2009, 09:06 PM
I find myself on UU forums and UU main page a lot... a bit too much really.
Like.. 3 hours +, as sad as that is. I will go to "bookmarks" and click UU while I'm on the UU site. Obsession? Yes
I was wondering how often you guys check this site?

Roy Jovero
05-28-2009, 09:13 PM
I check UU on my G1 phone at work like twice an hour. Part of it is boredom, part is me looking for something new to play.

JT_Ukes
05-28-2009, 09:14 PM
you mean people leave?

thejumpingflea
05-28-2009, 09:17 PM
I have a problem.

UkuEroll
05-28-2009, 09:42 PM
I have a problem.

I'm on here 4 to 5 times a day, does that mean I have a problem too, I think my wife thinks I have.:eek:

UkuleleHill
05-28-2009, 09:48 PM
you mean people leave?

I know right?

thejumpingflea
05-28-2009, 10:10 PM
I'm on here 4 to 5 times a day, does that mean I have a problem too, I think my wife thinks I have.:eek:

This is the 4th or 5th time I have been on since midnight.

(It is 12:09 here)

:rolleyes:

What would I do without UU?

Wagster
05-28-2009, 10:24 PM
Isn't that like asking;

"How many licks does it take to get to the center of a Tootsie Roll pop"?

experimentjon
05-28-2009, 10:50 PM
With Firefox and the Speed Dial extention, a quick and easy CTRL+5 gets me to UU...but I only hit it about 3-5 times a day. So I don't need ukulele-obsession therapy yet.

mailman
05-29-2009, 02:02 AM
I hate to admit it, but I've been spending more time on UU than I have actually playing my ukes.....:o

ukeshale
05-29-2009, 02:37 AM
well i say 6-10 times a day but that's only cause i occasionally have to do my log in again - i'm logged into UU all the time if i'm home and sometimes even if i'm not home :D

ichadwick
05-29-2009, 03:08 AM
This is one of those multiple-choice answers...

UU is one of a suite of pages I open in my home browser, so I visit it ever time I open IE. That's at least twice a day (morning and night) but on weekends, may be three-four times. I check UU to see what's new every time. Do I post every time? No. But I do scan the posts for something to join in later. Usually UU stays open during my online session, although I may need that tab for other sites at various times.
When business is slow or I'm between projects and jobs, I often check UU at work to see what's up or if anyone has answered my posts. UU isn't on my opening suite at work, but it is in my favourites list.
Sometimes before a council session starts, or even if we go into a recess, I may check UU. Council meetings can run five+ hours, so a recess with a break for ukulele updates is always welcome!

hoosierhiver
05-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Maybe we need an hourly pop-up saying, "you have been on UU for 1 hour, play your ukulele for 10 minutes before oogling anymore."

Choboy
05-29-2009, 04:10 AM
I hate to admit it, but I've been spending more time on UU than I have actually playing my ukes.....:o

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
that's me too...

im not going to lie... the first month i got my uke i played it 24/7. i only went to UU when i was in class, my hands got tired, i was eating, so on.
but now... i still want to play. i def do... im just at a standstill on what songs to pick and what i should try and learn next.
but also cause i cut my nails to short so i have to wait a bit for my fingernails to grow back.

Hankthetank
05-29-2009, 04:16 AM
So we know that most of us log on many times a day. Now I am curious how long you are on during each session? I find the more I log on, the less time I spend on as there is not a whole lot new in the line of threads. But if I am away from my computer for several hours to a day, I can spend a couple of hours on at a time catching up. Suffice to say, I have a problem.

Mobben
05-29-2009, 04:29 AM
I sprained my angle two days ago, so I sit at home looking at UU all the time.. The only brakes I have is when I actually play my ukuleles or surf the net looking for new ukulele to satisfy my UAS.. It resulted in me ordering a Pono Mango Tenor yesterday :)

sukie
05-29-2009, 04:46 AM
Let's just say I'm on quite a bit. But really it depends what's going on in my "other" life. Now that it's summer around here I'm sure I'll be on here less often. But you never know. Whenever there is a really juicy thread I keep coming back to see what's going on. Plus, it's a great way to keep my typing skills up.

JT_Ukes
05-29-2009, 04:49 AM
I sprained my angle two days ago, so I sit at home looking at UU all the time..

Awwww that's Acute

:)

Mobben
05-29-2009, 04:54 AM
Awwww that's Acute

Well I'm sure that a new ukulele will help the healing process :)

wfwhitson
05-29-2009, 05:20 AM
If I spent as much time playing my uke as I do on the forum, I would probably be a better player.

buddhuu
05-29-2009, 05:58 AM
That's my sleeping bag over there...

specialmike
05-29-2009, 06:02 AM
I sprained my angle two days ago, so I sit at home looking at UU all the time.. The only brakes I have is when I actually play my ukuleles or surf the net looking for new ukulele to satisfy my UAS.. It resulted in me ordering a Pono Mango Tenor yesterday :)

pono mango tenor... ohhhh, sounds good.

bbycrts
05-29-2009, 06:08 AM
I could quit if I wanted to...but somehow I just can't quit you fine people...

generem
05-29-2009, 06:15 AM
Im Addicted to UU. Im here at work, home and on my iphone if im somewhere else.. But this place makes me feel better instantly so I dont think its a problem yet

JT_Ukes
05-29-2009, 06:19 AM
I could quit if I wanted to...but somehow I just can't quit you fine people...

I Wish I could Quit You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/broke back moment

generem
05-29-2009, 07:27 AM
I Wish I could Quit You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/broke back moment

Haha.. Guess that your Favorite Movie?

aggie182
05-29-2009, 07:30 AM
depends how much work i have at the office.

UKISOCIETY
05-29-2009, 07:32 AM
Awwww that's Acute

http://www.teamdrunkottawa.com/funnay/images/fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

Yopparai
05-29-2009, 08:28 AM
Its all part of AG's diabolical plan. Have you considered how well each of us would play if we used the hours spent posting to practice instead? Well, you can bet AG and his alien horde have thought about it. By burying a subconscious neural field signal throughout the UU Forums we are compelled to sit for hours, telling ourselves that we are not wasting valuable practice time, but rather enhancing our knowledge which is just as good, then, isn't it? That way there will be no one to challenge their invasion force as they play "Red and Deachy" on their ukuleles of domination. Our only hope is to....

Oh! I wonder what Deach is up to I better go check new posts...

(I check in any time I like, but I never leave. UU is not only a fantastic place to meet my fellow ukulele players/lovers and exchange information and knowledge, but also an entertaining place to follow and the source of much inspiration. I know that I have tried a lot of different music that I would have never considered playing because of posts, videos, and challenges that all started here.)

UkuEroll
05-29-2009, 10:11 AM
Maybe we need an hourly pop-up saying, "you have been on UU for 1 hour, play your ukulele for 10 minutes before oogling anymore."

What a good idea, I find all this great stuff to try, but I can't get of UU to try it.

haole
05-29-2009, 12:25 PM
Involuntarily clicking on the "UU" in my menubar is pretty much burned into my muscle memory at this point.

ichadwick
05-30-2009, 06:23 AM
I was just thinking about the time I spend here. Let's see - roughly 750 messages. If I spent just 1 minute on each one, that's 12 and a half hours of my life in front of a computer screen. And that's not including the time I spent reading without replying, printing tabs, searching, answering PMs, or writing the longer messages that took more time to compose.

That's 12.5 hours I might have been practicing.

I gotta get a life...

nikolo727
05-30-2009, 08:18 AM
as much as possible lol. with all the new members there is always new threads and stuff to look at lol. so im on a lot!

josuegroundhog
05-30-2009, 10:53 AM
once a day. 8 hours at a time.

SailQwest
05-30-2009, 11:18 AM
When we're off charter (and someplace where we have a phone signal) I'm on a lot via our iPhone.

I've also recently discovered that my husband is spending a lot more time here than he used to, thanks to our iPhone. He's the lurker; I'm the poster. :D

HaileISela
05-30-2009, 12:17 PM
I think I never really leave...

Well, I think I go on like every half hour. and I stay for three hours... hmm. I'm not good at calculations. But I think I spend loads of time on here...

nikolo727
05-30-2009, 01:40 PM
I gotta get a life...

dont we all. :D

pithaya9
05-30-2009, 02:55 PM
More than I should but not enough. :cool:

UkuLeLesReggAe
05-30-2009, 06:46 PM
basically, i visit once an hour haha

Ahnko Honu
05-30-2009, 07:40 PM
Not too often or I'd have a real high post per day count in a short period of time.

ShortCut
05-30-2009, 07:49 PM

Same here, I spend more time on UU then I should. I just don't post a ton..