Martin Style 0 coming

teninobob

Reaction score
30322406-4019-437D-A33A-5D0F14136B7E.jpg280B525F-9791-44D5-8947-A8ADD0920058.jpg5FFEAB92-93A1-4891-BDD3-4193066CE922.jpg59272B44-2A8C-4FB4-9C1F-29BE1F78B5D5.jpg59272B44-2A8C-4FB4-9C1F-29BE1F78B5D5.jpg1930s Martin style 0 Nazareth PA beautiful little uke coming... the ONLY reason for the sale is to fund the completion of the sprint boat. Had it on eBay for a few days at 750.00 and no bites. I cleaned her up and put new martin 600s on and now she is ready for a new owner. Had a martin a few years ago that was from the 50s, and it did not sound nearly as good as this one. The projection of this little uke is amazing . If you’re looking for a very sweet vintage martin feel free to PM me I will try to get something posted up later today or tomorrow here, and if you guys can help me with the right number that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks very much and happy Father’s Day to all the dads out there

09757757-466C-4235-ACD0-9868B629B127.jpg it comes with a new tweed case as well

The picture has the Aquila strings on it, did not care for those loud and harsh...... this ukulele sounded sweet with the fishing line strings that was on it LOL. Thanks everybody for recommending the martin 600s they are perfect for this little uke

Last edited:
Cool uke! More pics would be nice. Is there no decal and a Martin stamp on the reverse of the headstock?

Man I know it I cannot figure out how to make the pictures bigger LOL but I am 63 years old trying to use the iPad. The uke is not stamped on the back of the headstock, it’s inside you got a peek through the sound hole :) my research said that would put it in the 30s?

No cracks no repairs beautiful ukulele The price is $675 plus shipping and will be happy to ship to Hawaii.

Next up will be a Pono tenor Red western cedar top macassar ebony sides and back has bridge pickup cutaway, stunning. I am going to put new strings on it and then I will post it up.

Man I know it I cannot figure out how to make the pictures bigger LOL but I am 63 years old trying to use the iPad. The uke is not stamped on the back of the headstock, it’s inside you got a peek through the sound hole :) my research said that would put it in the 30s?

On the stamp inside - does it read 'Made in USA' ?

Last edited:
I’m no expert but a question to ask is t style frets or bar style frets?

4635B56C-CDC0-45E2-8657-FE56F581A966.jpg

No that is a very good question probably the best one so far. Doing my research and this appearing to haven’t bar frets. Or I thought they were bar frets. It is so hard to tell I am going to look again with a magnifying glass and a blowtorch :) thanks everybody please keep chiming in if you can help date this

OK after a flashlight and magnifying glass inspection it definitely has t bar frets. So with that in mind is this a 40s? 50s? Thanks everybody for chiming in with love to get this sold. I now need to change my eBay listing LOL

OK after a flashlight and magnifying glass inspection it definitely has t bar frets. So with that in mind is this a 40s? 50s? Thanks everybody for chiming in with love to get this sold. I now need to change my eBay listing LOL

Just terminology, but there’s no such thing as a “t bar” fret. They are either bar frets (straight steel bars all the way up, as in the diagram in post above) or T-frets, which look like a T. I think you’re saying they look like T frets. If so, according to the Martin Ukulele book page 132, the Style 0 first came out in 1922 with bar frets, and in 1947 “bar frets replaced by T-frets”. Pic of bar fret on top below, T-fret pic on bottom.

So, if it has T-frets with no Made in USA stamp inside, it is between 1947 and 1960, when the USA stamp was added. To get even closer on dating, a close up of the tuners would help, since in 1946 the Kluson keystone or tulip tuners were used till 1956 on Style 0 ukes, when they changed to Waverly tuners with white oval buttons. This assumes those are the original tuners, they could have been swapped out. If they are the Waverly tuners, that puts it between 1956 and 1960. Just my take, I could be wrong.

20190617_122726.jpg
20190617_122747.jpg

Last edited:
To get even closer on dating, a close up of the tuners would help, since in 1946 the Kluson keystone or tulip tuners were used till 1956 on Style 0 ukes, when they changed to Waverly tuners with white oval buttons. This assumes those are the original tuners, they could have been swapped out. If they are the Waverly tuners, that puts it between 1956 and 1960. Just my take, I could be wrong. ...

In the one pic when the post first went up, I couldn't even see if it had a decal or not ...with the added pics though, it looks like the oval white buttons on the tuners.
Nice uke!

Wish I had the cheddar to buy it :rolleyes:

In the one pic when the post first went up, I couldn't even see if it had a decal or not ...with the added pics though, it looks like the oval white buttons on the tuners.
Nice uke!

Wish I had the cheddar to buy it :rolleyes:

Yes, I see the decal and white buttons, but thought the later 50s Waverlys on Style 0 ukes had the hex nuts on the front? Hard to tell from the pic, but doesn't look like it on that one.

Oval white buttons Man those were good pictures of the fridge thank you so much, it definitely is the T-bar frets.

Top Bottom