Uke Therapy

spazus_maximus

Reaction score
Im not sure why I feel the need to post this but I do......

I just want to thank all the people that helped introduce me to the Ukulele. I cant express how much happiness I have found with this instrument. I am not sure if it's the humble size, the reentrant tuning, the simplicity of the four strings or maybe the fact that it's probably the most overlooked instrument in the world. Each & every day I find myself strolling through the yard with my Uke & even though I am not a gifted player like many of the folks on this forum I find a zen like place while strumming simple chord progression's & noodling away at some silly mario brothers theme..lol...It's almost as if I enter some kind of spiritual state of bliss & the Uke is my guru...lol

So in short.....All you Ukers out there keep on Uking!

And most of all keep music in your life & spread it around as much as possible for it brings lots of happiness to folks like me.....

Thanks to all of you
:shaka:

I just want to thank all the people that helped introduce me to the Ukulele. I cant express how much happiness I have found with this instrument. I am not sure if it's the humble size, the reentrant tuning, the simplicity of the four strings or maybe the fact that it's probably the most overlooked instrument in the world. Each & every day I find myself strolling through the yard with my Uke & even though I am not a gifted player like many of the folks on this forum I find a zen like place while strumming simple chord progression's & noodling away at some silly mario brothers theme..lol...It's almost as if I enter some kind of spiritual state of bliss & the Uke is my guru...lol

And most of all keep music in your life & spread it around as much as possible for it brings lots of happiness to folks like me.....

Thanks to all of you

yea, like he said. :D

Me too.

I hope I will not become the poster child for C.U.P.S. (Crappy Ukulele Player Syndrome) but I get a lot of satisfaction from picking and strumming in my own idiosyncratic way.

If I ever get around to posting a video, you will see what I mean. :D

That could be a very fun thread...

Me too.

I hope I will not become the poster child for C.U.P.S. (Crappy Ukulele Player Syndrome) but I get a lot of satisfaction from picking and strumming in my own idiosyncratic way.

I also greatly love playing my ukulele and I also find a meditative kind of peace in playing. And, yeah, I also suck.

Ukuleles are true folk instruments in that it's even better if you suck. (IMHO)

I would happily participate in a thread in which all participants submit videos in competition for the CUPS title.

=D I feel the same way. And one day I hope to be as good as some of the other people on this forum and youtube but for now? I'm just having fun strumming away and hopefully avoiding CUPS :p

Me too.

As long as I am playing, you will have competition for the CUPS crown...

I'm with you guys. I just picked up the uke recently and it's had this awsome effect I can't explain. I went to music schools and all my roomies were guitarist. I'd play around with their guitars and just wasn't interested. But the uke is different. I'm sorry it took my this long to get into it.

It's really weird how something so simple can influence your life so much. I too find myself much happier since I started playing, and whenever a day goes bad, I pick up my uke and it mellows me out. Whatever mood I'm in, I always find joy playing the ukulele. Happy, sad, relaxed, energetic, lazy, tired, etc... Its just such a well rounded instrument that makes people happy!

There is no such thing as CUPS. So you might not be as good as Jake or Aldrine, but you can play. You're already better than those who don't. And with some (or a lot of) practice, you might become better than those two. You're only a crappy player if you give up and only stay at the same level for ... say a year.

I have to agree with everyone here. Uke brings me so much happiness. I have a stressful job and no matter how insane my day has been, picking up my Lanikai and starting a song will instantly put me at peace. Unfortunately I don't tell many of my friends that I play uke... because they laugh, and it can hurt my feelings. Whenever this happens I just tell myself that I play a real instrument, while they're stuck with a plastic Guitar Hero. :p I'm so happy that UU is around. There are a lot of uke lovers out there, and we stick together!

Great posts here and they sum up my feelings too! I have never been happier with an instrument and have been through a few (harmonica, guitar, bass guitar and mandolin). I love the soprano uke and it makes me feel better playing after a long, stressful day. Keep strummin all!

Totally agree. We live on a lake, and just this morning I sat outside with a uke and cup of coffee, singing songs with my honey in a porch swing while the birds and squirrels watched and listened. You can't start a day much better than that, in my experience.

This guy puts it really well in this "ukulele sermon" on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6MjoKj_DU0

I agree

I really agree wholeheartedly. I've never had so much fun with music.

I was really ill last year and was off work, stuck in the house, climbing the walls. That was when I decided to take up the uke, after watching players on YT. I am SO glad I did. I am totally convinced that having fun with the uke speeded up my recovery time.

When I've had a rubbish day at work, a bit of uke playing and checking in with my new friends at UU sorts everything out.

It's definitely my panacea :D

Anna

Thanks to all of you

This is wonderful. <33333

Yeah, that guy nailed it.

Totally agree. We live on a lake, and just this morning I sat outside with a uke and cup of coffee, singing songs with my honey in a porch swing while the birds and squirrels watched and listened. You can't start a day much better than that, in my experience.

This guy puts it really well in this "ukulele sermon" on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6MjoKj_DU0

That video does a really good job of summarizing the topic. Yup.

I agree too with the theraputic ways of the ukulele, however I feel this way with all kinds of instruments. Thats why I am collecting different kinds of instruments. But the size of the ukulele certainly makes it more practical instrument, that I can bring it with me with ease when going places!. Like one time I was playing the ukulele on a tube and this lady sat next to me, and when she was to get off for her destination she commented that she also had a ukulele and said "isn't it fun to play the ukulele?"

Brought a smile to my face that incident, due to the fact of the joy an instrument can give people :).

Top Bottom