Looking for a Makai tenor

lefty dan

Reaction score
Hi, I'm thinking about a bigger ukulele. I dont want to spend a lot. I'm looking to buy a good used Makai tenor MK-T or something close. If I Like the tenor size I can spend more money later.
Let me know if ya got one. Maybe you want to upgrade??
Thanks
Dan

Last edited:
+1 on the Craigslist thing.

Since you're in Morgan Hill, San Jose shouldn't be too far, yea? I would recommend going to Guitar Showcase in San Jose so that you can actually play a tenor before commiting to making the purchase. Also, they carry a number of brands, including Lanikai, Makala, Kala, and Ovation.

Makala I ment to say Makala

Thanks for corecting me. I meant to say Im looking for a Makala Tenor or Concert.
Truth is I just want a good ukulele thats bigger and without spending a lot. Under 100.00 would be it. I bet I can find one for under 60.00 if I look hard.

Guitar showcase is great and I have messed with all the ukuleles they have. Too bad Im a lefty or playing them would be more fun.

Anyway thanks guys for the sugestions and help. I might put the trigger soon. Let ya know.

Oh yea I am going to the ukulele fest in NV at the end of the month and maybe can learn moreabout ukuleles .

Dan

lefty

yes, I just cant pick them up at say guitar showcase and play one after another till I find one I like.
I built a stewmac and grizzly soprano and just strung-em lefty. Because they are both sopranos I now want a little more fretboard.

I've played every single uke at Guitar Showcase. The guys over there also let me play the Kanile'a-made Lanikai and the Martin. They're super cool about you trying all of them out.

New ukulele coming soon.

Thanks to all that gave me suggestions. I ended up getting a Lanikai CK-C. I went with a concert because its just a little bigger than a soprano and I can take it on my motorcycle trips. Got it off eBay and spent half of what it would have cost new. So if I dont like it for some reasion I can sell it and wont fell bad.
I have played with the Lanikai CK-C so I know what they are like but does anyone else have one that would like to say if there happy with it or not.

Let ya know when it comes in.
Dan

Top Bottom