Fluke Conversion

Jerryc41

Reaction score
A couple of weeks ago, I got this painted Fluke. Yesterday, I brought it to Magic Fluke, and they replaced the plastic fretboard with a wooden one. Last night, I replaced the standard tuners with Gotohs. Those two changes made a world of difference.

It has Worth Browns and a K&K pickup. A tip: If you install a pickup, don't put it on the flat bottom because it will no longer stand up. There are two possible ways I could try to correct this situation: recess the pickup or move it to the lower side, which would require plugging up the hole.

1.jpg 301sm.jpg

Look so much better with the wooden fretboard with metal frets. Well done!

Look so much better with the wooden fretboard with metal frets. Well done!

Yes, it's much better that way. I wish they would standardize on the wooden board, with side markers.

I like your artwork, and I've decided to have a local artist and uke player paint one of mine. Deciding what to put on it will be tough - probably a Hawaiian scene, maybe a sunset.

Yes, it's much better that way. I wish they would standardize on the wooden board, with side markers.

I like your artwork, and I've decided to have a local artist and uke player paint one of mine. Deciding what to put on it will be tough - probably a Hawaiian scene, maybe a sunset.

I guess they want to market a weather proof uke but it’s cool that options can be done too. Sunset sounds great.

Thanks for liking!

That’s a great looking ukulele. Is it a custom or one of their stock designs?

That’s a great looking ukulele. Is it a custom or one of their stock designs?

I bought it from someone in CA who had it painted. He setup a Fluke & Flea museum online.
https://flukeandflea.tumblr.com/

I'm waiting for a used Fluke to arrive. I'm working with an artist/uke player who's going to paint a scene of some kind on it.

Top Bottom