Another Moon Bird landed at HMS

YogiTom

Reaction score
Probably won’t last, but thought I’d give it a shoutout here for those interested. Concert size with the aNueNue AirAir pickup ($240 if purchased separately).

I’ve gotta stop window shopping for ukes I can’t buy!!

Thanks for the assist, Jerry. Message board was flagging my link as spam, so I gave up trying to include it. :p

The trick is to make the post and then go back and Edit. That's when you can add the link.

We should be placing bets on when that uke will sell. I say it will be gone by Friday afternoon, although that be pessimistic.

The trick is to make the post and then go back and Edit. That's when you can add the link.

We should be placing bets on when that uke will sell. I say it will be gone by Friday afternoon, although that be pessimistic.

Good to know! And I’ll take Sunday afternoon for when it’ll be gone. I remember the last concert took some time to sell, and I suspect this one will, too.

I've got both the concert (I think around January) and the tenor (received earlier this week), and they are awesome. I orginally wanted the tenor, but by the time I gathered funds together, only a UC200e was left at HMS so I "settled" for the concert. It quickly became my favorite ukulele. I got the tnor two days ago. I haven't had a chance to play it much yet as I am swamped at work (I plan to do a side-by-side comparison and audio clips this weekend). The Tenor didn't have the pickup, but I had HMS install an Air-Air. One thing I like better about the after the fact install on the tenor is that the two dials are labeled "mic" and "vol" while they aren't labeled on the concert. It's too earlly to tell which I will favor, although I can tell I have got used to concert scale as my hands quickly cramp on a tenor neck these days.

It's all I can do to resist getting a soprano scale moon bird. Just as the listing was pulled here on the marketplace forum a few days ago, I was all ready to buy, lol. I should thank the OP for that and saving me from further excesive UAS indulgences!

... It's all I can do to resist getting a soprano scale moon bird. Just as the listing was pulled here on the marketplace forum a few days ago, I was all ready to buy, lol. I should thank the OP for that and saving me from further excesive UAS indulgences!

You’re welcome. :p

Jerry, thanks for the tip on posting links.

It seems that Anue nue can't build the Moon ukes fast enough. I would love one, but this is twice what my Loprinzi cost, so I'm standing pat.
For now....

I think the UC200 is the only uke I regret selling. Really tempted to buy it again if I can convince my wife.

A whole flock of Moonbirds has landed at HMS, I see. Tenor, concert, soprano.

Top Bottom