Ukulele in the new movie, "Yesterday"

Reaction score
Slightly off topic but still ukulele related...
I'm eager to see the newly released movie "Yesterday" featuring Beatles' songs sung by Himesh Patel, a relatively unknown actor. I've listened to the soundtrack on Spotify a couple times and I believe he's playing a baritone ukulele on "Here Comes the Sun". This movie still seems to confirm it.
yesterday.jpg
Anyway, if your a ukulele-playing Beatles fan like myself, then "I'll see you in the front row". :rock:

Looks like a lot of ukuleles in the photo.

This movie is definitely one I want to see. I'm a long time Beatles fan.

Slightly off topic but still ukulele related...
I'm eager to see the newly released movie "Yesterday" featuring Beatles' songs sung by Himesh Patel, a relatively unknown actor. I've listened to the soundtrack on Spotify a couple times and I believe he's playing a baritone ukulele on "Here Comes the Sun". This movie still seems to confirm it.
View attachment 119392
Anyway, if your a ukulele-playing Beatles fan like myself, then "I'll see you in the front row". :rock:
3 scenes with the uke, 2 of which it was in its case. He sang Here Comes the Sun with it.

Have seen the trailers for this, it looks like a lot of fun, and I love the premise of it. There was a tv programme a while back where Nicholas Lindhurst goes through some kind of time travel portal back to the 1940s and passes off Elton’s Your Song as his own. Yesterday would seem to be a similar idea, fleshed out a bit more. As a Beatles fan I’m looking forward to it. And if Himesh Patel plays a uke in it too....well, what’s not to like? :cool:

Just saw this previewed by Mark Kermode .... looks like great fun!

Nothing could induce me to wear a pink beret - no way!

John Colter.

Saw the movie earlier today. Yes, there is a line of ukulele players behind Himesh in one of his concert scenes. Interesting story line, very entertaining, and funny. Himesh does a great job on the songs. If you like Beatles music, you will enjoy "Yesterday."
Jan D

Our whole ensemble is going together to see this. I'm excited!

Im a big Beatles fan, but this one just missed the spot for me. But nice to hear the songs and a great premise.

Fun movie. I bought it on Amazon. There is a YT video where Paul McCartney recounts that he went to see it with his girlfriend. Most of the songs in the movie are the ones he wrote. Petey

I saw it a couple months ago on my cable TV premium channel. Actually, I watched it couple more times when it would come up. I really liked it, being a Beatles fan who was influenced to play guitar in 1965 when I was fifteen. Played for almost fifty years when I took up the ukulele over seven years ago and a year later bass uke, never touched my guitars again.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 12 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 39)

Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Enjoyed the movie. Very interesting premise.

Made me realize that I do not know the complete lyrics to most Beatles songs. Maybe a verse or two, but not all of them.

I guess I'd be even more tormented than the main character. Knowing fragments, but not enough to perform.

Liked Ed Sheeran's part in the movie.

I watched it again a couple of days ago. Interesting reaction from a friend of mine who doesn't seem to get movies completely. He said he didn't understand the John Lennon scene, I had to clarify for him that John was a real person, and because the Beatles never existed, John was not killed.

A side note, I also had to explain to him in the movie Fisher King, that the fearsome red knight was reality setting in, which Perry (Robin Williams) couldn't handle, being the violent death of his wife. My friend asked how many times had I watched the movie to be able to discern that, I said once, mainly because in the mid-eighties I took screen writing classes at American Film Institute (AFI) in Hollywood, coupled with being a propman in the movie studios for 25 years.

This is a very nice movie. I really enjoyed watching it. Even without all the ukulele scenes I would have enjoyed it.

Could you imagine all the music that would be gone if the Beatles never existed? No Rolling Stones, no The Who, no British Invasion at all.

I think you're giving The Beatles too much credit. I think if you listen to LPs like 12 X 5, you'll hear that The Stones biggest influences were black blues players/singers like Howlin' Wolf, John Lee Hooker, Elmore James, Muddy Waters, Chuck Berry, Big Bill Broonzy, and Robert Johnson.

I thought it was a pretty good movie, for more Beatles on ukulele...

Top Bottom