Holding Fluke/ Honest Guys I did a search first

Witters

Reaction score
Hi Folks,

If I can hold a Flea while standing with no problems at all, would I still be able to hold a Fluke in the same way without a strap?

The odds are yes, you'll be able to. Your mileage may vary, however... no real way to tell until you try!

Mileage as in longevity?

Although a different shape, is it harder than a Tenor Uke to hold?

Study RussBuss videos. He stands for prolonged amounts of time whilst playing a Fluke.. and sometimes holding a dog at the same time. Its quite impressive. He may have a world record for it...

Holding my fluke while standing was no problem. (Don't own it anymore). But those Ovation guitars were another thing. The back, similar to the fluke, kept sliding down and away from me.

Nice one, thanks for that.

Checked out Russbuss and that answeres it right there. Always saw people sitting before so I wondered if it was that hard.

Last edited:
Study RussBuss videos. He stands for prolonged amounts of time whilst playing a Fluke.. and sometimes holding a dog at the same time. Its quite impressive. He may have a world record for it...

lolz!

it does take some getting used to, but holding a fluke while standing up is completely possible. wearing short sleeves helps for clamping the uke. if not, there's always velcro!

...would I still be able to hold a Fluke in the same way without a strap?
Yes. I walk around the house playing my Fluke all the time. It's light and easy to hold. I put a few patches of stick-on no-slip grip material on the back to keep it from sliding, however.

You can buy a "uke thong" (or make one) as a strap.

Easy peasy to hold for me... no slippage.

I do prefer to sit, but that's just beacuse I'm a lazy bastard, and has nothing to do with the Fluke. :D

Although I do use the sticky tape Deach suggested to hold my... well nevermind. No fluke problems. :cool:

I have no problems holding my Fluke... I wouldn't worry about it!

Can I ask something else here, didn’t want to start another thread and I cant find anything in the search engine that answers my question.

Can someone tell me the actual size of the Tenor Fluke fretboard compared to a Concert.
Specifically, not the amount of frets it has but are the frets wider??

Looking at a Fluke they all seem to have 12 frets to the body and then additional frets on the body, but if the additional frets (say 2) means Concert, and (say 4) means Tenor, would they not be the same size off body on the neck?
If that is the case then anyone who can play a Concert will also be able to play Tenor, as the frets on the body don’t really mean a lot. Am I right???

What titillates you about that? The word "thong'? That's what it's called. Geez, you need to mature a bit if that word gets you all excited!
!BOJsVUQB2k~$(KGrHgoOKiUEjlLmV48!BJtPl0CC6!~~_2.JPG

See eBay for listing information. Useful device, but you can make your own with a little effort.

I use a classical guitar thong on my uke. It's fun sometimes.

Thong. :rotfl:

Top Bottom