FS: Blue Uke: Blues, Rags and Jazzy Dance Tunes DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melodious Thunk

Reaction score
.-=[SOLD]=-.

Blue Uke: Blues, Rags and Jazzy Dance Tunes DVD

Like-new condition. $16 includes free CONUS shipping.

DVDDELUK21.jpg

We’re in the midst of a ukulele renaissance, and this wonderful little instrument’s role has been expanding to include a wide variety of musical genres. In the hands of the amazing Del Rey it becomes a veritable blues and ragtime music machine!

This informative and entertaining DVD will teach you a myriad of fingerpicking and chording techniques. Del takes a guitar player’s approach to the instrument, using her three fingers to get syncopated melody and harmony lines against a steady thumb beat. She teaches you how to play cool riffs, turnarounds, blues songs and up-beat dance tunes.

Tuning her uke to open C (G-C-E-A), she starts off with blues scales and right hand exercises to coordinate your picking and fretting hands. Then it’s right into five fabulous pieces in a variety of keys: Goin' Up The Country (Barbeque Bob), Run and Tell Your Daddy, Lord and Keep It Clean (Charlie Jordan), Dance Hall Shuffle (Clifford Hayes) and Brown's Blues (Matt Weiner).

Extra! Del performs four songs with guitarist Steve James, and provides invaluable insights into strings, picks and ukes in general.

Includes tab in PDF form on DVD
With Steve James, Guitar

Last edited:
I am so distracted by that amazing resonator uke!
What IS it?

I think Ron Phillips made her custom resonator and btw, the fabulous Steve James, used to be Steven Cicchetti. I made his acquaintance when he lived in San Antonio. He would play at my employers home on New Years Day. If you ever get a chance to see Del Rey or Steve James or attend a workshop...GO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom