Just finished - Quilted Maple/Spruce, Curly Koa accents

Kekani

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share for those that are into Custom Tenors.

This is actually the "sister" to a Tiple that I made for Kenny B. Same woods, with the same style headstock (that I call the Kenny B style - otherwise known as a laminated headstock, but not in the traditional sense). This one has more Koa accents, with Black MOP Rosette and Purfling. His daughter's name is on the Cocobolo FB (White MOP), and it has an LRBaggs Element UST (of course), with D'Addario Titanium Trebles with the Gold Wound J4804 low g (of course).
IMG_1355.jpg

IMG_1356.jpg

IMG_1357.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

Last edited:
Man, you guys are too fast! I was going to say the inlay is simple, but that's what he wanted. Deach - the Tiple just moved back to `Oahu, it was in Kapa`a for the past 2 years. Here's a couple more:

IMG_1360.jpg

IMG_1361.jpg

IMG_1358.jpg

The maple does even look real!

Amazing.

I never thought I was a fan of quilted maple. Until now. I had to call somebody over to help me pick my jaw up off the floor! Spectacular!

Yeah, that's not real. You can't fool us!

What a crazy cool pattern. Nice job!

WOW :shaka:

I gotta learn air brushing like that!

Chuck my friend, there are just some trade secrets you aren't supposed to let out, especially since my son got an Iwata this past Christmas. . .

As for sound clips, I don't play, so you won't get any from me. For those that know what my Quilted Maple Spruce should sound like with composite strings, its what you would expect. Of course, 1 year from now (or sooner, depending on the owner), this thing is going to sweeten up like the others, I'm sure.

And, thanks for the comments, very much appreciated.

-Aaron

Top Bottom